What birth control did you use after having a baby and while breastfeeding?*edited*

anyone used depo?

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 10:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mirena
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• mine is called the mini pill dont no the whole name
    Olivias_mommy11

Answer by Olivias_mommy11 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am currently using mirena mainly due to me breastfeeding after I had my son but considering removing it.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I had Implanon and had it removed yesterday. It my second "tour" with Implanon, had it removed because of period problems.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• After my son: mini pill, kept forgetting to take it though

After my daughter: Depo. have now been on it for 4+ years and love it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• we are using condoms. i didnt want to go back on a pill until after i have another (and probably last) child.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• im still nursing and i just try and do it when im not ovulating im not comfortable using any hormones while nursing
    MylittlePea

Answer by MylittlePea at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Condoms. The only hormonal birth control I'm willing to do is the pill. The hormones in the combo pill are likely to impact supply, and I don't trust myself to take the mini-pill correctly. So we just stick with condoms.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am on the Mirena and have been for three weeks... My daughter is two almost three months old... I only got on it bc i am nursing and cant get on anything else without it decreasing my milk supply... I have noticed a change in my breast feeling full though, so i dont know whats going on. And i have had slight mood swings so that may have to do with it too... if you can i would advise anyone to just learn your cycle and use condoms when your ovulating... i cant do that bc my cycle is ccccrrrraaazzzyyyyy!! well good luck and the mirena is what the dr told me to get while nursing!!!
    mykidsloveme08

Answer by mykidsloveme08 at 7:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I got a depo shot before I left the hospital. It hasn't affected my supply at all.

DH is getting a vasectomy.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011