This question is only for the Christians cafemoms

When you are searching for an answer of why? What for? Why did this happen? sort of answers what passage or verse from the Bible do you meditate? Not a self pity type of verse but perseverance or courage verse?

vntNyll

Asked by vntNyll at 10:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont have a set scripture that i read but when things are happening that i need some guidance i just open up the bible and it never fails that whatever page i open to pertains to the situation that i am in. its amazing. I also try never tho think about why me or why is this happening to me..instead i try and find out the lesson that God is teaching me. even when things happen in our lives that may be devastating to us try to see them as a blessing remember that there is always a lesson to be learned and that is a blessing in its self.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The Book of Job, Romans 8:28, Phil 4:13,
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• lately, this is the verse that I keep reading. Proverbs 3:5-6
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."~jeremiah 29:11
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I am not Christian but I hope I can help. My mom gave me this bible once that had in the index specific issues you are having like anxiety and stuff and then verses to go to. I can't remember the name of it but something like that might help
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I can't help with Bible verses because I don't believe in focusing on only once section of the Bible. However, I find that meditating and praying for strength and guidance helps me to hear God's message for me at that particular time. It seems as though most of us spend so much time caught up in everyday life, and even in little details of our religious practice, that we forget to listen to the silence and to hear God's voice.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My fav great-grandma and my MIL both gave me excellent advice for the type of question you are asking ...

-- think about the question/problem/doubt you are having
    -- place your Bible spine down on a table and place your palms flat on the cover and the back
    -- hold it while saying a small prayer (you will know what you need to say)
    -- let go of both sides at the same time ... your answer will be on the page(s) it falls open to

I hope you find what you are needing/looking for ... try out the method and see if it helps. I still use it even though I am no longer a Christian.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I ask the Lord to show me, I also will do word studies ect.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Psalm 23. To me in times of trouble that is what the word"death"symbolizes
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• oh monkeymommy would you believe I can't find my bible? LOL it was right here on my desk. I was going to open it like you suggested and it is gone.
    vntNyll

Comment by vntNyll (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2011