Stay at home moms

Does your SO ever tell you that you have it soo easy? I get told that all the time. Well I made a list of all the things I do and my "titles"- taxi driver, nurse- stuff like that. I gave my SO the list and he just looked at me funny. I guess I am just saying that men should appreciate us a little more! I love him to pieces!

MommyBulger

Asked by MommyBulger at 10:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• totally agree..i am always used and abused lol..and yet i dont do anything!
    Anonymous

• Hello!
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• he did until he was off work for a week due to an injury, he got to see how much i actually do and all the whines from our son and demads from our daughter
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• lol, I was a SAHM for years, and just recently went back to work part time. Now my husband has our kids during the day. He told me the other day that he has always appreciated what I did when I was home with them, but NOW....he says SAHMs must be part goddess!...lol he said he appreciates me so much more now. Hope things get better for you, hugs! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yup I do & if I say I need a break SO simply goes you'll get one when she starts school. WTF really seriously!? A) that is too far away since we are not doing any pre schooling at all B) I am going back to work when she starts school

Ugh men! Slowly over the past few years though he starts to realize that I do a lot more then her first thought but still its annoying when he says things of the sort like I have it so easy or my break comes when her schooling starts aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh yeah my DH never thinks I have much to do but for the 5 hours two days a week he's home alone with them he acts like its so hard....but its not supposed to be for me? lol, he's great but just doesn't get it. I once did a similar thing and wrote down everything I have to do in one day it was like two pages long and he seemed a little confused about it, but it does take ALOT to keep everything going and running smoothly
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No..my Husband knows, for the most part, what I do each day and how much I do - He tells me constantly how much He appreciates everything I do and praises me for how well I take care of/teach Our Son and tend to Our Home. He also says He doesn't know how I do it, and that He couldn't! But I think He could..He is amazing at everything He does - and I mean EVERYTHING.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 10:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My DH is the worst for this. And, we go through times when he'll do my "job" for a few hours...and he GETS it!! Then, a few days later its back to thinking I dont do anything, and he stops helping at all. Its frustrating, but its a guy thing!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They don't understand and they expect us to understand their job. Its just one of those things that we have to work through
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My DH says the same thing that i do 'nothing' all day but when he has to stay home to watch the monkey hes calling my cell phone within 5 minutes "where are you" "when are you coming home". And he dosent understand that having a 3 (almost 4) year old in the grocery store by yourself makes it a little hard to concentrate and he complains that i forget important things...but god for bid i ask him to stay home with the monkey while i go shopping.. I have just come to the conclusion that they are in a totally different genome then us and us women are the master species
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011