Do you & baby read?

My son (16 weeks) and i read every day. it's really fun to watch him look at the books and smile and laugh at them :)  we love goodnight moon for sure!

do you and your baby read? do you have a favorite?

flamingomegs

Asked by flamingomegs at 10:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started reading to my son almost immediately after birth, while nursing before bedtime. I did it to help create a routine and differentiate between bedtime and other times he might want to go to sleep (haha, gotta love those sleepy newborns!). It worked well for us, he was STTN at 2 weeks, although he certainly had some stages when he started waking at night again. Growth spurts I guess. Anyway, he knows all his letters and the sounds they make now (he's 3.5 and not in preschool), and he still loves to be read to!
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 11:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i love reading to my son hes 10 months and loves it!!!!!
    MylittlePea

Answer by MylittlePea at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I read to all of my kids (7 years, 5 years, 3 years, 3 years and 4 weeks) I love spending these special moments with my blessings :)
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• check out Ten Minutes Til Bedtime. maybe there is a boardboard version. im not sure. but i love this book. hugs.
    Reading is Love!
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 11:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my 2yo 'reads' (recites books from memory) it is so cool to see how much she retains. i am so glad i read so much with her.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, I started reading to mine from birth, always at bedtime and sometimes at other times. We have tons of board books, but right now at 11 months she loves the lift-a-flap ones.

Answer by missanc at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes, my husband and I read to him everynight. WE love reading alot of different books!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• When my son was born he was taken to the RNICU & my husband wrote a story for him the same evening. When we went down to visit him (I was in a room in the same hospital) he read it to him for the first time. We've read to him most days. Sometimes we sing. Sometimes we just talk to him.
    sarenaerin

Answer by sarenaerin at 11:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Reading time is a must for my 10 month and I. We read when she wakes up, during nap time and before she goes to bet. She loves her princess book, this bear counting book, abc book and her first bible book.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 11:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2011