Birth control!!! Help!!!

After the baby is born, I MUST get on a birth control! My memory is not trustworthy enough to remember a daily pill, and I have been on depo before and hated it. I hear Mirena causes lots of weight gain. Can you suggest anything that may work for me and not cause alot of weight gain?? Thank you so much, I am really stressing over this!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• The copper tipped IUD is non-hormonal, so no weight gain.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Idk if Implanon makes you gain weight, the one that goes in your arm, but it lasts three years. Or you could do paragaurd that lasts like 12 years same thing as Mirena only in copper, but that can cause a lot of cramping and bleeding. You could also try the patch or the ring, one of my friends had the ring and LOVED it. Just depends what sounds best to you. But there's alot more options than the pill, which I got pregnant on, even when I made damn sure I remembered it every day, which was very hard for me.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I was on Implanon for 3 years and it was fine, no weight gain just heavy periods at times and its fast to get pregnant after the 3 years were up.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am on the patch and love it. I have not gained weight on it. My friend was on implanon and had alot of trouble with it.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2011