How can i get my 7 year old to stop being a brat?

My 7 year old daughter is very bratty. I've used all the discipline methods such as time out, taking away toys, taking away tv time and saying no. Nothing is working. She does what she wants when she wants. I need help. I have read many articles about discipline and they all say the same thing. I have also tried all these methods.

vsweeney

Asked by vsweeney at 10:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you looked into "Attachment Parenting"? The idea is to establish a connection with her; see the world through her eyes and understand her motives. I've used it with all my kids and the eldest is already grown up, and discipline has never been an issue with us (we have 6 kids). I love it because it's very intuitive and kind. No manipulation or underhandedness, just love, honesty, respect and intelligent dialogue.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Keep her away from the person who taught her to act like that
    Anonymous

• Im actually asking this question for my mom. I have a 7 year old sister who is a brat at home and an angel everywhere else. No one taught her to be like that. When i was little i was good and my mom hasnt changed her parenting methods. We dont know what to do with her. Nothing is working.
    vsweeney

Comment by vsweeney (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It's easy to say keep away from bad influences, but when they go to school you can't control who they interact with. I have started to try the attachment parenting. Sometimes it works, but not always. I would say she'll learn her lesson when she has nothing in her room but a bed, and you're still killing her with kindness. See if there might be something bothering her as well
    Irishmommy860

Answer by Irishmommy860 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Be patient
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011