Realizing our insignificance...

is both humbling and liberating.

judimary

Asked by judimary at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• hmm I agree to an extent. In my life, I see that I am not bigger, no better than the dog that lays at my feet and the grass beneath them either. I am no better than the birds that fly over my head or the wind that blows through my hair because we are all connected and a part of something so much bigger
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• bible studyit is humbling. but some of us think that we know what the meaning of life is because of the bible... its just a book with fairy tales, it doesn't even scratch the surface of anything imo. walt disney does a better job.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes one scripture says of G od What is man that thou art mindful of him.......
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I call these God moments I have had them in many places. One was Moab, UT at Arches National Park. As we drove into the park, I made dh stop the car and I got and, breathed deeply and felt God's enormity

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• God moments... I don't think I believe in God the same way you do, adnilm, but I like it... That's a good description of when the realization washes through you, that you are a tiny speck of something so huge you can comprehend but a miniscule fraction of it. :D
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's overwhelming sometimes to see how vast God's creation is, but it's beautiful to know He is mindful of each of His children individually!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• See...even though we don't have the same religion or belief..we find some similar ground :)
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Very true..ain't it grand??
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i feel that way when we're up in the mountains & you can see every star in the sky...its just awe-inspiring. DH & i watched The Cosmos a few months ago & it was so crazy to know that there is so much out there and just how little our daily activities mean in the grand scheme of things.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yeah. I thought saying we are insignificant would annoy some of my Christian sisters on here, but we seem to have found common ground! :D
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011