What do you think?

OK my husband and his ex wife had some friends, Kurt and Jolynne. They used to go to Mexico all the time together and stuff like that. Then my husband and his wife Angie divorced and he eventually married me. Kurt and Jolynne want me and hubby to go to Mexico with them this winter. I'm like, "they are you friends, not mine." (I've never met them) Apparently, my husband's ex-wife Angie is not getting along with Kurt and Jolynne--Jolynne says that Angie has become "too holy" for her, like chastizing her for swearing and quoting the bible all the time and Angie says that Jolynne needs to go to church more so they aren't hanging out much anymore. They seem to be accepting of me--I just don't know them and I don't know if they are going to check me out and then go running to my husband's ex about it. What do you think?

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 11:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that you should totally refuse to go on principle
    and send me instead!
    LAMO

kidding aside... go , enjoy yourself , give these new people a chance
    and try to avois ANY conversation about the ex
    if subject comes up, excuse yourself to get another round of drinks, go to the bathroom, jump in the pool, anything to avoid who was there in past

enjoy yourself!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I dont see why you cant get to know them since you are married to your husband
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• What a better way to get to know you then to invite you to vacation with them! Who cares if they check you out and go running to her....do you really care what she thinks?
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• idk i'd go just to go lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with mommy of two, you need to make your own determnation of them and them of you, it would be worth a shot, you never know it could be the beginning of a good friendship.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with mommyoftwo388. Theyre your hubbys friends...they could be yours too. And who cares if they run back to his ex about you. She no longer matters to him, and thats all that matters.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Is it possible to get to know them some before going on a vacation together? I'd definitely give it a chance, but maybe a little more slowly.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The problem is they live like 4 hours away.
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you want to go, its probably as simple as that. Unless you feel odd bonding with people that are also friends with your husbands ex. THat would make me feel alittle strange I suppose.
    Blueskyes

Answer by Blueskyes at 11:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They seem to like you, so why not be friends just give it a chance, they don't seem to like the EX wife anymore she's history
    Layce8504

Answer by Layce8504 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011