Whoa, she's a big girl.lol..

My DD is 21mo and in 2t-3t. Is she big for her age?lol.. She was 9lbs 10oz when she was born.. I had to be induced before her due date because she was growing so fast and little room.. She would barely move and it scared me..
Before she was born my MIL bought her alot of Newborn and 0-3mo clothes. She was way too big for Newborns.
Were/Are your kids the same?

Fantasystar

Asked by Fantasystar at 11:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she might be a lil big if shes in a 3 t.. a lot of big babies get tall.. My friends babies all born over 8 lbs were in 2t at one. they seem to thin out when they get older. i wouldnt worry so much. if your not giving her junk food and greasy foods or too much milk i would say shes ok
    Anonymous

• My youngest is just the opposite. He will be 3 in Sept. and wears size 18 months. He was 9 lbs. at birth as well.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My son is 3-1/3 and just went through a spurt to get him out of the 18 month clothes lol!~ al babies, kids are different lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my dd is the same way. she was 9lbs 3oz and i had her at 37 weeks. she is almost 5 and wears a size 6, sometimes 7. she is also very tall for her age
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Seems about normal. My son was 9 months old and in 18 month clothing, or bigger. He's now 7.5 and the size of most 10 year olds. My daughter was close to the same. She's now 4 and the size of most 5 year olds.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my twins were early and they wear 2T-3T size shirts (but 12/18month size shorts ahaha)
    i think toddler clothing sizes are just odd haha, it depends on the brand really because taden can wear some 18 month size shirts but we have a shirt that says 4T but it fits really well, its just a little baggy
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My boys are the same. 3 and wearing a 5t and 7 and wearing a size 10. They both rated at the very top, 99th and 100th percentile on the growth charts for kids their ages... But everyone in my family is very tall, most of the women are almost 6 foot.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My 2 1/2 yo wears 3T, but only because he needs them for length - I always have to have my mom or MIL take in the shorts/pants in the waist. My 11 month old is tiny - around 14 lbs and wears 6-9 month clothes.

Answer by missanc at 8:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My son was 9 lbs and 1 oz. I delivered him a week earlier because I had to have a c-section, I'm glad that I scheduled a week early, I can't imagine what his size would of been if I waited the extra week. He is currently between the 2t and 3t as well. I don't really think the sizes brother me, he's the perfect weight, I got tired of people saying he's a big boy when he was younger, but he's thinning out as time goes on so I'm not to worried.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Since birth she's always been around or above the 75 percentile. Same for her brother. She's lost weight but still got some chubby cheeks..lol..DH and MIL call them Bowan cheeks. (DH Bowan side of the family tend to have those chubby cheeks..lol..) Wow, after ready your comments, can really see how different young ones grow. :)
    Fantasystar

Comment by Fantasystar (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011