Neighbor kids

Hi, I am curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.. So we live in a neighborhood with alot of kids. Toward the end of the school year my son was getting bullied by some of them. I talked to their parents and they basically called me and my son a liar yada yada, anyhow, I told my son I didn't want him playing with them anymore(prior to this they were all friends but weren't as mean until I confronted the parents) anyways, now they ride around in circles in front of our house making faces and looking through our window and even tearing up my bushes toward the end of my yard.. It is extremely irritating.. I would call the police, however their dads are the captains of our police force.. We don't bother anyone out here we keep to our self, but now my son wont even go out front because they call him names and give him crappy looks. Mind you he is 8 and they are 10-12 What would you do!? Their parents don't care if they are bullies they turned it around on my son when I have seen them do stuff to him, like spit on him or whatever.. I don't know what to do. We don't have the funds to move right now but man I would if we could!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Call the cops and have proof. start video taping them or take photos. Have another talk with the parents.
    Anonymous

• Their parents are the cops... that is my problem.. They don't care what their kids are doing.. and they think they are above the law.. I got on one of the boys one time and he looked right at me and said my dad said you can't tell me what to do because your aren't a cop.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• See if you can get a neighboring force to come deal with these BRATS. Spitting on someone IS assault.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They are all buddies because there are 3 cops in our culdesac.. No one will do anything because they are all afraid of them. I know if is assault and when I confronted the parents they told me their kid said they didn't and I couldn't prove it..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Call a lawyer and sue them..the cops aren't ur only option..good luck!
    devsmom98

Answer by devsmom98 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It's so sad that cops can use their power in this way. They are supposed to enforce the law and they teach their kids to be bullies?
    I wish I could say something to help you, but all I can offer is my prayers that they will come to realize what they're doing and correct their ways.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sounds like you are neighbors of children of the corn!! I'm sorry :(
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would get a lawyers opinion and go from there. It totally sucks that you want to move over it.
    vsweeney

Answer by vsweeney at 12:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• bullying should not be tolerated even if the kids parents were president, find a support group in your area, you need a strong force behind you to let these kids parents see that this is a real problem for you, and your family good luck.
    Layce8504

Answer by Layce8504 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Can you set up a mini cam to capture proof? Once the parents actually see their kids in action they have to be forced to face it. If the parents don't do anything maybe a judge can! Bullying is a crime that unfortunately has driven young children to take their lives. There is no reason why your son should have to feel this way
    Irishmommy860

Answer by Irishmommy860 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011