Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Questions about wireless cards for a desktop pc

i bought a wireless card for my desktop a few years ago.
i stopped using my desktop because i didn't have a monitor. now i have a monitor and i'm barely getting a connection to the internet now and I think its because there is no antenna anymore (got lost/broke off/no where to be found)
i went to walmarts website to check prices on a new wireless card and i'm finding some that say "Wintec FileMate PCI Wireless-N Network Adapter"
is it an adapter or is that what a wireless card is? i'm confused.
i have a dell btw.
can i just buy an antenna? (the card is a belkin card)
help meee


Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Technology

Level 20 (9,139 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • An adapter and wireless card is the same thing. The N refers to the bandwith. You need one to match the router (a G router will work with a N card but they work better if they match)

    Answer by aj23 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

  • This is a wireless adapter that should gt wireless internet to your computer. I have one very similar :)

    Answer by Tarrar at 11:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • I have the sprint wifi card, most older desktops do not have wireless capiable. I went to wal mart and got a $40 adaptor, that plugs into a slot on the back of the tower. Now, it works great. I think, it had to be a G... thinking, ask someone cuz it could be N. Sorry, I don't remember.

    Answer by SassySue123 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • I have no

    Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2011