What age was your LO completely off The bottle , ?

And formula , if you formula fed , Also when did you introduce whole milk , How did you go about the transition .

Thanks (:

des11987

Asked by des11987 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• A year. I switched to sippy cups. Warm the milk, its easier for them to transition.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My youngest never had a bottle. :)

My eldest did, I put him onto whole milk in a baby bottle to wean him when the time approached for the birth of his brother, and that was a mistake. He got very attached to his bottle and had a real hard time giving it up.

Age: there's no history in my family of allergies so I allowed them to have some cow dairy products when they started solid food, and they tolerated it just fine, started drinking whole milk by age 1.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my dd was off a bottle completley at 10 months and on whole milk at a year, i mixed the formula with milk 1/3 and 1/2 then gradually reduced the formula (same thing with my ds) but my son wasn't completley off the bottle until about 14 months (he is very stubborn)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 8 months i just took it
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 12:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 1 year. He was on soy formula so we switched to regular soy milk without a problem. We gave him a sippy cup during the day and 1 bottle at night. For some reason he wouldn't take a sippy cup at night, but after 3 months he stopped wanting a night-time bottle.
    jenmerk

Answer by jenmerk at 12:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 19 mos for my oldest. From 12mos-19mos just at night and 12mos for my younger two. Whole milk was introduced just before 12mos and they all liked it:)
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 12:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Both of my kids were completely off the bottle at 9 months. I took it away one day and never gave it back. I transitioned with the soft top sippy cups first. My doctor advised us to introduce milk at 10 months and gradually increase it until they were on only milk at 12 months.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My dh took herself off the bottle by 10 months completely. Then I gave her formula in a cup until she was one year. To transition, I mixed half and half for a few days, then just gave her whole milk.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My Son started drinking from a straw at 9 months, but still used a bottle/formula until a year old. He made the transition to whole milk easily, as with everything.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 12:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my daughter was off the bottle at 1 yr, I started giving her whole in a sippy cup at 9 mos.
    Layce8504

Answer by Layce8504 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2011