What size Avent nipple for 8 month old?

She is currently using size 3.. Avent recommends babies 6m+ using size 4.. Should I switch ?

jenna_rose

Asked by jenna_rose at 12:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she is taking the size 3 with no problem i wouldn't switch. the size is just a faster flow. if you think she can handle it go for it but like i said if she's fine with the 4, stick with that
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i meant 3 oops, i need to go to bed lol
    josiesmommy00

• I never did, we went from a size 3 to a sippy cup - have you looked into the Avent soft spout sippy cups? They're great!

Answer by missanc at 8:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• She's more than old enough fro the sippy spout.

If you're breastfeeding, do NOT move her up. Breastfed babies stay on newborn nipples forever to prevent nipple preference.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Try it out and see. My baby is 9 mo and I had to keep her on size 2 because she drinks too fast on 3 and spits up a lot more because of this. Also, Avent makes nipples that have a control valve that I think works by how the baby sucks. So the harder they suck the more comes out. I don't remember exactly how it works but that is basically the idea. My friend tried this with her son and she loves it. you can read this too : http://www.mymilkybaby.com/avent-nipple-sizes/
    BrianaCl

Answer by BrianaCl at 2:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2014