Has anyone taken Cymbalta for cronic pain?

When other pain relievers have failed.

sweetangie79

Asked by sweetangie79 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Health

• It shot electric impulses all over my body and I had to stop taking it. Now I take Savella and it works pretty good.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No, but I took Cymbalta for other reasons. Was a bitch of a drug. You couldn't pay me to get back on that stuff!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have had cronic pain for years and the doctors can't find out why. What I have taken hasn't worked or I was alergic to. I am so tired of hurting all the time. Just trying to find something that the doctors can give me to help..
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My cousin did and didn't stay on it long because of the side effects. And she says she will NEVER take it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Cymbalta almost killed me!! I wouldn't recommend that shit to my worst enemy.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I took Cymbalta for post traumatic stress disorder & postpartum depression. It worked great for me & I felt so good while on it. I haven't been on it for a few months now & I can really tell a difference. I'm going back on it. I've heard of & read a lot about it having some bad side affects, but I never experienced anything bad while taking it. It was a life saver for me. Everyone is different & all you can do is try it to see how it will affect you.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have been taking cymbalta for severe depression after two back to back major brain surgeries.... I started on 3omg did nothing, went,up to60 still nothin,so now I'm startin90mgbut no side effects,I feel depressed still. So gonna see if this works. I also suffer axiety attacks now. I have hydrocephlas. And a shunt.
    Blakesgirl31

Answer by Blakesgirl31 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I've never heard of Cymbalta being used for chronic pain, just depression. Just be careful not to get addicted to these volatile drugs. They're horrible should you ever need to get off of them.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have a friend diagnosed with fibro... she's on cymbalta, and feels a lot better since she started taking it!
    AngelMama6203

Answer by AngelMama6203 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Have you been tested for food sensitivities? Gluten intolerance can cause inflammation & pain. I could barely walk because of the pain. 5 days gluten free & I took my kids to the zoo
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011