Do you shop at thrift stores ? what are some good good deals you have gotten ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• I have got a few dressers and toys for less than 30 bucks for all
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• at a consignment store I paid $12.00 for a 2 piece Liz Clairborne dress(sleeveless dress with long sleeve sweater)
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I personally haven't, but I have a friend who finds some great clothes that she uses for her daughter's halloween costume. Our school has a theme for the annual Halloween parade. One year our theme was "Hollywood glam". She had found the most beautiful dress and faux fur and rhinestone earings there. Her daughter looked like a movie star from the 50's. I've heard you can also find some good china dishes and tea sets.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• nope. the only time i've shopped a thrift store was to find cheap ski pants, for my one and only ski trip..about 20 years ago.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Why shop at thrift stores when you can get things for free off craigslist. Then only things i have paid for in my house are my matresses and clothes, bedding. I got this wonderful 3 piece sectional from reymore and flannigan.. it was only about 6 months old the people i got it from were moving and it didnt fit into thier new apartment..so i took it..absolutely free. same goes for my 64" tv, dish set pots and pans computer computer desk and even toys for the yard. I just picked up a little pirate ship club house for my son. The family i got it from their child had out grown it. never paid a dime
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 12:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I dont but my SIL loves them and yard sales.......best thing she got was at a yard sale a genuine large red Chanel purse for $10!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No..They are dead people's clothing. I'm sure the prices are great but after giving 13 trash bags of my father's things to Goodwill after he died, I came to the conclusion that most of that stuff in there belongs to a dead person. I didn't shop there before because I can never find anything. But now I won't. I give my old clothes and stuff to homeless shelters and halfway houses.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I've gotten some really nice skirts and sweaters for 6 or 7 bucks, and a leather jacket for 30.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yes I shop thrift shops for my boys clothes they outgrow they stuff way to quick to pay full price. I also look at craiglists and other places like that to get them; shoes and boots however I buy new. I have also found a couple backpacks and school supplies that my boys needed at the thrift shops
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i shop the local thrift store for the kids clothes and alot of the time i come out with at least 5 outfits per kid and only spend about 50$ which is good for 3 kids and 2 are teenagers....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011