What is Your Favorite Bible Scripture and why?

The Bible is full of Encouraging True Stories of heroism, miracles, faith, love, betrayal, and is our life manuel AKA, our "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth." Please share your favorite passage out of the Bible and tell us why it IS your favorite.

shestands4truth

Asked by shestands4truth at 12:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.--Prov.3:5. I like knowing that I don't have to try to figure everything out. I simply trust in Him and I know that everything will be ok.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof.--Matt.6:34. In today's world where people are stressing about everything, I take comfort from this verse knowing that I don't have to worry about what tomorrow might bring.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• There is a time for everything ...

ECC 3:1-8
    1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Often overlooked
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• (John 15:13)
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

i 'got saved' at age 15 (i'm 31 now and i feel like i just recently started to understand what it means to live for Christ and actually do so!)..through the years, i still maintained a friendship with a young lady that i cared for deeply. we met in grade school! well, as i got older, i just acted a plum fool...doing all sorts of crazy stuff and acting totally AGAINST the word of God and looking and acting so NOT like a Christian. well, this 'friend' hurt me over big time, so much that i had to let it (the relationship) and her go. i was so sad/depressed about it...and then one sunday, i was sitting in church and the pastor read that scripture (see the scripture above), and i began to cry a happy/good cry because despite my 'antics', God still loved and cared enough for me that HE spoke to me, embraced me made me feel loved!
    HappyHmsklNapps

Answer by HappyHmsklNapps at 11:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Colossians 3:12-15
    New International Version (NIV)
    12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful

My favorite because it reminds us what being Christ-like is really about - too often we Christians act in a way contrary to those things, when they should be what we strive for every day....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Favorite Bible verses Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. and John 9:3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Favorite New Testament story, when the woman who bled for 12 years until she touched Jesus' cloak. I love it because it shows that you just have to believe and Jesus will help you.

Favorite message from the Old Testament, when God wanted Gideon even though his brothers were bigger, and then God took away most of his army. You just need God on your side and you can do anything.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 3:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i don't have just one. i like the stories/characters of strong, independent women, even the sneaky ones. there are so many instances where women are used because let's face it, a man couldn't be.
    Jael in Judges 4..the whole tent-peg-in-the-enemy's-temple thing
    Esther
    Mose's mother..talk about doing what she had to do for her child!! wow.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• *Moses' *..late night typos...heehee.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Psalms 23. My grandma read that one to me since I was a baby and it stuck with me.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• REV 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

I just love the way it sounds .... 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011