Where in the state of Oklahoma can I have a water birth!!!! I was told by soonercare that if I can find a birthing center that is covered under soonercare and they do water births, then it will be covered, but I can't find one!!!!!! I've looked all over in the city and the one in enid closed and there are none in Tulsa, does anyone have any ideas?I would really like to have a water birth, I think it would be a lot more comfortable setting for my husband as well!!!!

latasha1027523

Asked by latasha1027523 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you call your insurance company, they should have a list of midwifes that their company covers...
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I like to call the midwives first.

Or why not plan a home water birth?
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I did a quick search and found a couple of midwives that do waterbirth. They are homebirth midwives so you'd have to comfortable with that, but there are some in Tulsa.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I live in Oklahoma as well and am interested in water birth but still have not found anything. If I come across something I will let you know. If you could do the same for me I would appreciate it.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• thanks and I will, if i find something. I don't know how my family would feel about a home birth, we're planning on getting a house with all my sisters and brothers to help save money and I know my dad is already uncomfortable with the whole birth process already, so thats why i'm searching for a birthing center. There is a midwife who is willing to do a home birth for me, for a donation, she doesn't have a set fee, here name is Camarell Anderson , here's her email address.<camarell@babylady.com> I think she lives in Duncan, ok.
    latasha1027523

Comment by latasha1027523 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Duncan is nearly 2 hours away from me. Have you tried to call OU medical center?
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Birth centers are great, but home doesn't have to you at *your* home, either...
    Ask midwives / doulas about options and alternatives. They are more clued in about this stuff than a random insurance agent~

Good luck!
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2011