Dental work

So I've had braces on for two years and should've had them off in may,I have fallen on hard times we've barely been able to pay our mortgage and I've had no choice but to apply for food stamps. My boss does not have any work for me accept once in awhile. I clean a house two days a week and bring in $400 a month no more,no less. I was suppose to pay $200 a month. I got my tax return and am now making car payments cause my other cars engine blew. I'm looking for another job to take on so I can pay what I owe, but I'm afraid even if I start making payments again I'm embarrassed and worried he wont take me back as a patient and do a crappy job. I'm tempted to take the things off and go back to my ugly self again to. My teeth were bad enought that young kids would say, what happened to your teeth? Ughhh...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• explain your financial matter to your DDS,maybe he can lower the monthly payments.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 1:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You should call the office and let them know that you are having financial problems right now, and ask if they can work with you on the outstanding balance. (maybe they could lower the payments and let you pay it off over time). That way they will know you are making an effort, and your call could keep them from sending you to a collection agency. As far as the ortho work goes... a GOOD orthodontist (or dentist) will do quality work on every patient, every time regardless of what the patient's balance is . You should also make an appointment to get the braces off, as you don't want the teeth to shift further and possibly move into the wrong positions. That could affect your bite, your jaw and cause problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2011