Moving to Hawaii....

My husband is in the Army, and we are (at the moment, anyway) scheduled to PCS to Hawaii in a few months. I have never lived anywhere but this, my home state (Texas), and we are supposed to live there for at least three years. I am nervous, and already homesick, as I have never been further than a few miles from my extended family. I would be most grateful for advice (and maybe a little friendship?) from those of you who are already living in Hawaii. Thank you. :)

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 1:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I say lucky you :) I never been to Hawaii and probably never go since i have issues with planes and a large bodies of water. It should be a great adventure for you.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I hope u adjust when u get there...we are not an army family but my hubby wants to move there also...we are in cali and I want to stay here...I hope everything works out for u...
    godsgirl26

Answer by godsgirl26 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• @gothmama91:

I am not too fond of flying either. :(
    KarmicChild

Comment by KarmicChild (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I know how you feel - I live in Australia and I just recently moved from Cairns - where I grew up, got married etc, to a town called Kalgoorlie, its over 5000k away and I only have a few family from dhs side of the family here - who i dont really get along with. Best thing is take it one day at a time - if you are planning on working, start applying before you move, if you arent - look into parent groups or whatever your into. Its hard to adjust but after a little bit it will feel like home :-)
    vickiw89

Answer by vickiw89 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm sorry , I'm not from Hawaii but I wish you all the best there! It's absolutely gorgeous IMO. At first, I think I would be so awestruck by it's beauty that I would have a hard time getting anything done but looking around!! LOL.
    The Lone Star State will miss you!!!
    Much Luck!!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It will take some adjusting, but I'm sure you will like it after a while. It is a beautiful place.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 7:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2011