How did you market your business

We just ordered business cards, should be in within the week, and we are going to publish the facebook page on the 1st. It's ready, but we are making sure the content is correct and that it looks professional before making it totally public.

We already volunteer our time to a non-profit, providing the professional service.

what else? We do not have a website, I honestly don't know what I would put on it. LOL

maybe flyers? but do you put them door to door, I always found that to be annoying.

I guess I could try the Value Pack that comes in the mail, it's a bunch of coupons that come in the envelope, local deals and such.

more ideas,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• The Facebook page will be good. Leaving your business card EVERYWHERE. Give business cards to everyone you meet. Connect with other businesses
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You can get magnetic signs that stick on your car and you can also get the window decals made for your car.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 2:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• well it depends on the business. for me, i do spas
    each spa i have i offer tons of gifts and discounts for a referral service
    it's word of mouth, really and monthly renewels.
    no cold calling and no door to door
    it's really about building loyalty with your customers :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The Val-Packs can be expensive....depending on zip code and the number of people who receive it. I know locally to do one zip code it was about $800.

But marketing can also depend on what your business is. You can order car and car window decals on ebay for your business, join the local chamber of commerce. If it's something you could see promoting at a fair or festival you can get a space, get t-shirts for your business made and wear them....getting likes on facebook can be difficult, so make sure the addy to it is on any flyers or business cards, e-mail siggy's and if you do a website eventually but a like box on there.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Our local gardening guy does the outside pots and around the square for the businesses there, and puts a small sign saying he did it, so that's an idea. Maybe you could donate your services in exchange for the advertisement?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my company provides marketing ideas with our site and our facebook and blog.. check out earningsinabasket.com or the facebook page.. with my home business i love facebook and promote pages..its all about networking.. also if you sell products directsalesmommies.com is great. they have online parties for free.. but i love fliers, postcards and the sticker on the side of my car!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• What type of business is it? The type of advertising you do will depend on the business itself. I do advertising professionally... send me a PM and we can talk. I won't try and get you to hire me, I promise. I help mommies free of charge. :-D
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Networking groups, like the National Association of Women Business Owners, and Local Chamber of Commerce Events

Craigslist

Linkedin

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2011