Swimming level ;-(

Partially this is venting for a frustrating situation. My daughter goes to swimming at the same swimming pool for year and the half, with some breaks. She easily made from level 1 to level 2. Now for the year and two month she stacked at the level two. Overall she took this level 5 or six times. She knows by heart what they doing and what they supposed to do. This time she did EVERYTHING absolutely right, yet we were told that she needs to swim whole length of the pool to pass. The instructor was prizing her a lot. Yet he passed to level 3 another boy, who did Ok, but never was able to do either side breathing or swim whole pool. I was frustrated and asked the instructor to write me down why she did not pass, he refused and offered me to speak with the manager, the manager told me that she observed my daughter too and she is not ready....the manager also did not want to write anything and simply recommended me to register my daughter to level 2 again.

I feel so mad because now my daughter will be once again stacked with beginners, she clearly bored to be at this level-(last time their excuse was that she did not have an orientation to deep water and could not jump from the tower- this time she did- 3 times). I feel that this time she did everything right, better than anyone in the group, but still for some reason it was more convenient to transfer the boy...

My daughter is disappointed, probably thinking that swimming is probably not her thing and she still going to try to do what level 3 kids do, but maybe at home only.

;(

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would take her someplace else.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• That totaly sucks! They shouldnt have her start all the way at the beginning again, just have her swim the length of the pool and then she should go onto the next level. Here they have a thing where they can test you to determin level, is there anything else like that where you are?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The swimming the length of the pool is not even on the level description. I spoke with the manager of the whole program today. He told that he going to examine her level himself next Saturday, yet until then she should go for the whole week to level 2 again. He also offered private lessons with himself or any other instructors. Frankly that felt more like an extortion than genuine help.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011