Do you feel like the show Teen MOM is a good representation of what teen parenting is like?

please state whether you are or were a teen mom yourself

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes, i do..but i also feel there are some teens that are mature enough to be parents im not saying they should. and no i was not a teen mom gave birth to my first at 21 and i also was married at 21
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Pretty much but the ones that have they're rich parents pay for everything is a joke!! None of those girls have any business of being a mother! I think they use the show to become celebrities though and go make appearances at clubs and act like idiots. I was married and got pregnant at 19. Still married and happy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think it can be helpful to other teen trying to get pregnant because she could see ehat circumstances and problems she's about to get into.
    jessica31611

Answer by jessica31611 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• For some reason I think they purposely cast emotionally unstable moms, or those with whack baby fathers. idk why, but I think they try to make it seem worse than it is.

for instance. all of the moms are breaking down cause this or that happened. Umm wtf did they think this was, a babysitting gig, no, these are life decision. You won't wake up and magically get to be a kid again, not until the babies are grown and gone, and probably not even then.

I just feel like they got a lot of support from family, more than I had, they do next to nothing, in regards to their futures, with a few being the exception, and it's like a Soap Opera.

But I must say I am really proud of Allie, she seems very strong willed, the dad is just so young. Jordan also is very real, being a SAHM can be emotionally hard. ANd a couple others from this season.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yes i do, especially to all the young moms out there that are pregnant it gives them an idea of what it can be like or show them ways of how not to be like when the baby comes.also it can make them think twice about there situation.
    faithlove19

Answer by faithlove19 at 3:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was a teen Mom pg. at 15. (Have never seen the show.) Just don't think anything glorifying being a teenager pregnant can be very positive.
    DeBee13

Answer by DeBee13 at 4:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yes. I don't think it glorifies it.. like a lot of people think.. I think it shows what they go thru pretty accurately. And each of the girls on the show are different.. so it shows different scenarios.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 7:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2011