Do you notice how everyone is broke?

i'm sick and tired of hearing this! not that i'm not broke..but free country?
this is not a free country in my opinion, i feel like a slave just to make a living!
if money didn't exist we would be living different lives.
anyone agree? anyone think anything will change?
or is this really the life of our children :(
i have a lot of school under my belt and have been doing the right thing to make it to the top
but why is it so hard, it's almost impossible!

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 3:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• It's a free country, because we are free to be broke.
    Not being broke is a lot of hard work and sacrifices.
    It's so hard, because nothing worthwhile is easy.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yeah, even Fema says they are broke,denied help twice to disaster victims where i live, so hard to see them suffering. i dont mean
    to be insenitive to your struggles just makes me disgusted that the taxpayers are punished.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 3:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Im always broke. Im a SAHM not by choice but by default. and i notice that it is impossible to get a job i have been looking for 6 months and still nothing. I have never experienced this before..its depressing i send out like 50 resumes a day and still nothing. i have worked all my life. My company downsized back in august last year and i was laid off. i got unemployment now that has run out too. i want to go to school but i cant afford to go and cant afford the time i need to pay my bills now not in 1 year, so i look for a job and now i have wasted 6 month of nothing. God help us
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 3:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Life is what you make it.

I don't feel the same as you. I have a nice paying job, working for the city, I work minimal hours, my SO also has a great paying job, he actually brings in 4x's more than me a month, which can be annoying, but he also works minimal hours. ANd we are comfortable. We are starting a business, has brought in some extra cash :) and I go to school too. That can be hard to pay for but I keep my head up and keep moving forward.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i worked for the city, it was great! then my contract ran out.
    i see what you mean about those who claim they are broke but aren't
    it's all relative
    my dad has a great job working for nasa, he has 3 kids all going through college
    he's a workaholic but still got ten more years to pay off the mortgage!
    the value of a dollar has gone too low

lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 3:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• OP
    just adopt a can do attitude if you don't have it already. Sometimes I too feel overwhelmed with so much responsibility, and when I have an assignemnt due in every class all in the same week, or or or
    lol
    But you know what, you get thru it, and feel better after you know you've done a good job. I took this college class, that wasn't worth much for my major, but was great because it teaches you how to set small goals and actually feel accomplished within those./ And as you finish each small goal and taste that bit of accomplishment, when all of those small goals add up to a big goal it's just a sense of relief. Like, Finally. Luckily I've felt that relief with many life circumstances. Knowing it gets better keeps me going.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You mentioned a moneyless society, we'd still need some method of exchange. The average household income is dropping, households are retaining their kids longer (so the size is getting larger), and prices are escalating. So it's not easy. I figure we have to try unconventional solutions. We can't depend on the government. The problems are too massive. For me it makes sense to consider things outside the money economy. Foraging, gardening, barter, repairing, canning. Every bit helps. Other people could rent rooms in their home or apartment or trade services or keep chickens or give classes in their area of expertise. A "side hustle" as some call it. What do we have on hand and how can it be leveraged to get what we need? It's not always money, but it can be.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 10:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2011