Why is it (do you think) that some people answer a question just to aggrevate?

I mean a simple Just For Fun question, for example.
They don't actually answer the question at all, but instead make a rude, sarcastic or hateful remark to others replies or the OP.
Please enlighten me (without being rude or sarcastic please, I am just trying to understand).
Opinions on this? What makes people so hateful to complete strangers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Because common courtesy and being polite is endangered these days and nearing extinction!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• People are bored
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• *sigh* some people get a kick out of being nasty, I suppose, but I also think it's a mistake that CafeMom gives you targets to answer and bump and vote up etc, each day, because if we were to meet that target, and do it thoughtfully and in a way that is productive and useful to other CafeMoms and still have a life in the real world, well, I suggest it's just not possible. :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i agree with gwen.. i also think that sometime it might just be the fact that you cant convey tone of voice in writing and some messages may be perceived as being negative even when they are not. That actually happened to me on FB last night i had said something meant to be funny but it came out angry in my post. i did apologize though
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 3:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i guess some don't think before they type
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• rocking horsewell i think people get aggravated because the answers are not sugar coated OR they get mad because they have differing opinions. i always ask myself why ask a question if you are not prepared to deal with a plethora of differing opinions. everyone of us could learn a thing or two from each other right?? this is cafemom not a political debate, there is no need to be pc or diplomatic.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I mean, when they don't answer the question that was asked at all. Period. Just a smart @ss remark. What is that? I don't believe in turning things back around on the person who only asked a simple Question and making them sound stupid for asking a Question. We are SUPPOSED to ask a certain number a day. . Like : Do you drink Coffe or Tea? and getting a completely smart @ss remark and NO ANSWER to the question at all.
    I think directly being ugly at others for no reason. Not talking about arguing over replies...just a plain outright nasty remarks. Are people really that unhappy that this makes their day??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. So many or so mean. I can only guess that they're so unhappy, they have to spread it around just so they could feel better about themselves. It's sad and pathetic.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 3:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• to 'gwen20"-- no need to be politically correct or diplomatic? Omg, try mentioning race or sexuality or genders and I think you'll find the moms on here DO feel a need to be politically correct and diplomatic both.
    I think some people just like to be ugly. They are ugly people inside and it's the only way they know how to be and I will treat them with ugliness and we will all get no where. I don't have to put much though into a question like " Do you prefer Coffee or Tea?" . I guess some people are just "morons". No you, but **some people just are.
    Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2011