Im 20 and my bf is 29 is that bad?

i do like older men cause there much more mature then guys my age. we have known each other for about 9 or 10 years. he was friends with my cousins and we always saw something in each other . then we got together last year and were very happy.

faithlove19

Asked by faithlove19 at 3:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• nothing at all wrong with that. i prefer older men myself, i think they are very mature and they usually are very financially secure- - well at least the ones i mess with. anyways . .my s/o is almost 12 years older than i am.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• NO. my husband and i are 7 years apart. look at the bright side. they wont be leaving us for younger women :)) (joke, but im serious)
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 3:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Hah, there's nothing to worry about! My hubby is 13 years older than I am and I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all! Age doesn't have to factor in as long as you're both in love, working on staying in a healthy relationship and communicating.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 4:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sweetheart, you do what makes you happy. :) its your life and what others may or may not think is wrong is not your problem.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• it's fine just be careful, he's been around the block
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• NO ITS NOT JUST DEPENDS ON ON HOW U FEEL
    tia3623

Answer by tia3623 at 4:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was in almost your exact circumstance at one time. I normally don't think that 5 or so years is something to worry about but 9 years is a big gap. I learned my lesson the hard way. Imagine if you grow to be 25 and he'll be 34. He'll be in a different stage in life and so will you. In your early 20s, you really do change a lot. What you thought you wanted isn't the same and especially since you haven't had as much life experience. And be careful what you ask for. Yes, I too thought I wanted someone mature and it was good for a short while but then he wanted to settle down real quick and I wasn't quite ready for it. I was pressured not to finish school and it turned out he had a plan for "our" life that he didn't bother to check with me on. It was assumed I would pick up and move to wherever his job would be. When he saw I didn't like his plan, he totally changed from mature to childish, having a temper tantrum to get his way
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with that.  My father was 13 years older than my mother and they had a long and happy marriage.

P.S.  Don't forget that age gaps close as you get older.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• As long as you are happy and things are good, I see nothing wrong with it :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• There is 7 years between my husband and I. We started dating when I was 16. Some people dont approve, but eff em :) I have always been very happy with him, and he was always very stable with a great job. I never could stand guys my own age!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 12:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2011