You tell me if this is rude and sick to you

i had to take my son to the e.r tonight with my mother she was complaining cause she had to take us i cant drive.well we get to the e.r. she lets my sick child walk on the e.r floor with no shoes i freaked out.then a nurse i had called a family in to the meeting room for the family.a few min later they called us back then put us in a room well about 5 min later you hear the family screaming and crying in the room that the nurse took the family in.my mother tells me to go out and basicly watch thez people cry. and she wanted me to ask someone why are they all crying.i told her im not doing that and i dont but into other peoples biz that way.that thats just rude.. if someone in my family had past i dont want strangers watching me cry and come up to me with questions.she said of course not because everything has to be about you.i said um no im here for my child who is sick and only my child.so she takes my child stands in the middle of the hall from our room and watches thez people cry with my son who was very sick and scared where he can hear people screaming and crying.i was very mad and upset with her about this.and i did tell her i think that was a very rude and nutty thing that she did that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think its very rude!!
    vsweeney

Answer by vsweeney at 3:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• That was extremely rude of your mother. That family was clearly in a crisis and its really none of anyone's business what was going on unless you are directly involved. I think its extremely immature and rude to have to have your nose in everyone else's business especially in a time like that.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Why did you let your mother take your child into the hall? It is rude of your mother to be so nosy, but this is your child, not hers.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 3:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes that was rude, actually just plain nosey. Mom seems to have control issues.
    Hope your child is better soon.
    DeBee13

Answer by DeBee13 at 3:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i was gettin ready for a diaper change. and asked her to hold him for a min.i didnt think she would do what she did.i was shocked and very mad.i know you should never disrespect your mom. but i told her what i thought about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean - I just realized how rude it read. But I am glad the you told her what you thought about that. And yes, it's good to respect your mother, but if she's not respecting your wishes, then it's always a good idea to speak up about it. I do hope your little one is feeling better!
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 4:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i didnt think you was being mean.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes I think it is very rude and disrespectful to you and your child! Her main concern should have been what is going on with her grand baby and his well being; not everyone else! Your mother sounds very immature. I am sorry that you had to deal with tat on top of your little one being sick.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 5:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• no offense to your mom, but that was very rude! and you're right, if i just got some bad/sad news, i'm not the type that would want others in my biz! no matter how loud i'm getting, i'm in pain and that's how i express it...but that isn't an invitation for folks to look at me like i'm a side show.

i feel where you're coming from.
    HappyHmsklNapps

Answer by HappyHmsklNapps at 5:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• As a nurse I would have asked your mother to leave the ER and remain in the waiting room until you two were ready to leave. No thought just ushered her out.
    JKQMom

Answer by JKQMom at 5:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2011