Would you send your child?

I have 2 kids with epilepsy. Hot and cold triggers seizures. Today it is a windchill of -39 degrees!

Believe it or not, they did not call off school!

Would you send your children to school? Would you send them even if they didn't have seizures? or other health issues?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Kids' Health

• no thats tooo damn cold for anyone
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I homeschool...but if they were in regular school, I'd keep them home. It's FAR too cold to even stand at a bus stop!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• -39, negative39 and they didn't call off school? I wouldn't send them. Where do you live that it is so cold?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• When in doubt, don't. Particularly with your children. And if cold triggers problems in your children, especially.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would'nt , and you should not because they might have seziures.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 9:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would definitely not be sending my child to school with a windchill that low. That is too cold for anyone to be standing outside, especially waiting for a bus or for recess!!! The seizures are just another reason I would have to keep them home and inside!!!! If the school objects then tell them to kiss your a** your not sending them to school just so they can get sick and have to spend the next week at home!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I wouldn't send them. Seizures are too unpredictable and not everyone knows how to deal with them. I'd keep them home so I could keep an eye on them.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I live in MN and when I called the school to tell them they weren't coming - they weren't too happy about it. My middle child does NOT have seizures and they expected her to come....I said NO WAY! I said the only way my door is going to open today is if there is a fire or my SO comes home from work.

My SO called after he left for work and begged me to keep them home. He said he was having trouble breathing....he is a beer delivery driver. Then he called 2 minutes later and said all the trucks in the fleet froze. The diesel froze on them while driving.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Dealing with epilepsy myself, i wouldn't send them. Like someone else said, not everyone knows how to deal with a siezure. I would keep them home, in your warm house.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would either keep them home. That's too cold for anyone!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2008