Why do people put others down if they need WIC Food Stamps or Housing

while i know some abuse the system there are people out there who need the assistance. like for instance a person who loses a job or someone who was making good money then got injured and can no longer work like they used to. families are living is subsidized housing to be able to take care of their kids without fear of living on the the street. i know i been there. Hubby was almost killed and went from a 900-1000 a week job to making barely minimum wage because of it. i already had health issues that kept me from working. I did not know when we had our kids that all this was going to happen. before hubby had to give up his good paying job when the company found out they started giving him bad runs leaving us owing the company money how do you pay rent or utilities or buy groceries when you owe the company money ( he was a owner operator leased on to a company truck driving). so we lost everything our home, the kids had to leave their friends so we could stay with relatives. the economy is so bad. hubby works temp jobs while looking for full time work. he does not have the state insurance but i and the kids do. it helps with my medicine which i do pay a co pay for, the baby i had which was not expected gets Wic because i cannot breast feed. i thank God for it if not my baby would be hungry. Yes , i am getting sterilized. my husband does pay taxes to since he is working. he is not like his ex who he has a child with and pays child support to. she has 4 kids and does not work and refuses to and even lied to court to move out of state saying she had a job just to pull the kids from all their fathers. luckily her state kind of forced issue for her to get fixed. please think before you accuse everyone of abusing or wanting to abuse the system, not everyone does. in fact i heard in Indiana the government decided to pull funding for planned parenthood which gives birth control to low income families. do you know what that would mean? more kids being born because they could not get birth control. because they are using the abortions that the clinics do. no i do not believe in abortion but taking funding away hurts not only the poor but puts more people on assistance because of pregnancies even hospitals are starting to refuse to do abortions afraid their funding will be taken away. Believe me i hope one day we do not need the assistance. but I thank god for it. my kids meds would be hubby check for two weeks to. I am not saying that people do not abuse the system but i am saying not all do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• Some people just don't get it. There are people that do the best they can and still need help. I see nothing wrong with anyone that is not abusing the help. I do judge people on stuff like that.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yeah there are people who abuse the system and make those who really need government assistance look bad, but who am I to judge? If you really need that kind of assistance that's your choice. I'm on the WIC program as well because of low income and the formula is expensive as heck, but I don't care if I ever get judged when I come out of a WIC store, they don't know me. You got some women who have more than 2 kids just to get more benefits for themselves and not on their children and those who are too lazy to get a job, that's what I'm against.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 5:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The only thing that gets to me are the ones who smoke, drink & have 10 kids with every guy.
    If you can afford smoking, liquor and going out to find another sperm donor - you don't need assistance.
    But what go we do, its not the child fault they were born into that situation.
    AND I have to add - if they are not a US citizens!
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think that families have their own individual story. We aren't in the position of judging anyone. I think that the judgment usually comes from people who have seen others abusing the system so they quick tend to generalize. It is not in our human nature the " desire" to help others unless there is something in return.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• that is what the assistance is SUPPOSED to be for, hardworking people who are going through a rough time.
    barrelracer1977

Answer by barrelracer1977 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It's the amount of people I see who abuse the system. There is NO way you should be dressed in name brand clothes, have your hair done, your nails done and then stand in front of me at the store and slide that card! My own sisters abuse the system badly, one figured out that all she had to do was get pregnant and they would offer her a house, a living allowance, welfare, wic and food pantry access! That same sister has sat on her butt and done drugs for the last 8 years while the state and every working person in it picks up the tab for her nasty life style.

If we put an amount of time on how long these programs could be used (i know wic has one per kid) I think it would be a ton better but the fact that all of the people who abuse the system have no drive to stop because they can just keep collecting. heck, do a welfare check at the houses that will stop real fast! Its just the abusers that make me so judgmental toward it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• like i said in another post, i have applied twice for me and my 2 kids and got denied because my income is supposedly too high, yet i cant pay 1/3 of my bills every month! i only put down the ones who DO abuse the system, and ive seen it first hand from my ex-mother in law where she DIDNT need it and she had it. i reported her, and nothing, they just turned their heads. i am in DIRE NEED of assistance, not even for me but for my kids, and i cant get it.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2011