Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

My house is soooooo cluttered!!!!!!! I can't even think straight!!! My room needs doing desperately , I don't even know where to start to unclutter it.
I'm not working , so my funds are very limited.

Please give some ideas.

crystalripple

Asked by crystalripple at 5:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I give myself tasks...a box, one area, etc. It can be emotional going through. It's easiest to sort into 5 piles - things that will stay in the room, things that are going to be kept but will go somewhere else, things you are unsure of, things that you don't want to keep but are still serviceable and then straight out garbage. Good luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• go to, FLYLADY, its very easy to follow. and you can pase yourself. good luck!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree- I used the Flylady Crisis Cleaning to get things back in shape, and since then, I've only been doing minimal maintenance and it looks great! Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thanks for tips. Am looking for ideas for decorating my clearing and decorating my room. I would like more ideas please.
    crystalripple

Comment by crystalripple (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree!! Go to flylady.net and get started on your CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) ? Some of us have had that from time to time maybe. I love flylady...it helped me go through my entire house room by room and organize from top to bottom, every drawer, cabinet and closet. I didn't spend much...you can always improvise some ideas. I actually love cooking in my small kitchen now, where it used to just frustrate me.
    I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. You can just use a notebook if you don't have ring binder and all that. Be prepared to get alot of emails everyday--that was only drawback for me though. GOOD luck to you on your endeavor. I know how you feel!!! :D
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I will give it a try.
    crystalripple

Comment by crystalripple (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my rule is "if it doesnt have a place in the house, then it goes" ... that being said, i have a shoebox in the top of my closet for sentimental things that may not otherwise have a place but i dont want to part with them.

little things like drawer organizers (like this one that will sit on top of the drawer over other things) will go a long ways, especially for a kitchen junk drawer or a bathroom with limited space.

flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Purge first. Just pick one section of one room at a time and have a bin for keep and a bin for donate/toss. Baby steps.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Take one small area at a time. 3 boxes; donate, toss, reuse. Stick to it.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• go room by room. have a toss keep and donate pile.
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011