What would you do?

What do you think the proper etiquete is on invitations and information on this? My niece's girl had her baby baptised and my niece didn't even let anyone know
what time it was and I still.... didn't know on Sunday morning of it. A week prior she sent a txt saying it was going to happen but no details. Is it up to a person to call/txt the person about details? We didn't go and now I feel a little guilty and don't know if I should have called her to find out? Should I send a belated card and do people send money in the card for a baptism?

cat4458

Asked by cat4458 at 6:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Well your neice obviously didnt go about things properly and should have done more than a quick text with no details, she should have been more organized with letting people know etc, however if I were one of my nieces and it got closer to the day and she still hadnt let me know details such as time etc I would have contacted her, I would have probably told her she needed to let people know all the details etc but I wouldnt have been thinking about who should be contacting who I just would have made sure I found out some way so I could be there.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It's up to the person organizing the event to let everyone know the time and date of the event. You shouldn't have had to chase down that information. Give a gift if you feel in your heart that you want to but you probably shouldn't feel obligated.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree that it's up to the person having the event to let everyone know the details. However, this generation relies on information being given out on websites such as FaceBook. I don't feel that it's right, but there are also a lot of people who do things "spur of the moment." It's up to you, but I would probably call her and tell her your feelings about missing the Baptism. It's your decision to send a gift or card with money. And yes, give from your heart. You are not obligated and should not feel guilty if you choose not to.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We're losing the good old fashioned things like Mailed Invitations and information. The girl didnt send any out to I wouldn't worry about it. I sounds like she texted and then never followed up. Irresponsible. I would maybe get momento gift of some typeand a card if you feel that close to her. She obviously didn't feel close enough to you to follow up and give you details so I would assume they decided on maybe just immediate family to be there or something. I wouldn't give it another thought actually and I certainly wouldn't feel bad about it. You did nothing wrong.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Ah, the age of technology and young people. Proper etiquette would have been to purchase some invitations, which you can even get in the dollar store and send or hand deliver them to people. I think sending a card would be nice, otherwise the child will wonder when she is older why so many people weren't around for her, when it wasn't the fault of her or the people that missed getting there because they had no idea.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I DONT REMEMBER ANYONE COMING WHEN I WAS BAPTIZED.. MAYBE MY GRANDMA.. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW YOU WOULD SEND GIFTS FOR THAT/?
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2011