Have you ever been the victim of revenge in a broken relationship?

I hear stories now and then about people doing very revengeful things to get back at a person in a broken relationship.
Have you ever been on the receiving end of REVENGE?

I have not. Nor have I ever tried to get revenge.
However, I heard a story once about a guy who wanted to get back at a girl. He went to hardware store and purchased a "locking gas cap--with key". He went at night to her parked car, popped open the gas tank cover, took off her gas cap...replaced it with the locking cap , locked it and threw the key away. When the girl needed gas....guess what??
She could not get gas cap off, couldn't get gas...had to call a wrecker and have car towed to repair shop where they had to cut locking cap off with torch and replace the whole thing brand new. Plus, she used her car in her business & had to cancel several customers.
Very mean thing to do. That was the worst revenge story I've ever heard of personally.

Do you have any stories?

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 6:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I was on the receiving end years ago by my ex- husbands ex- girlfriend. She didn't take their breakup very well. Not only did she constantly spy on us, she and "her mother" would rent cars to drive by our apartment , that way we wouldn't recognize her. When we decided to get married, she attempted to buy my wedding invitations and I only had a few weeks to get them out !The apartment we later rented together, she attempted to rent it so we couldn't get it! The day we got married , she told their mutual friends that she would be there to" object" so, during the entire ceremony I was constantly looking over my shoulder couldn't even enjoy my wedding! She was a" nut job", made my life" hell" until we got married, then she went away!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I believe I am about to be. exdh can't accept the fact that it didn't work out and is slowly making my life hell! He will call at odd hours (to the point where I turn my phone off at night), call to pick fights during the day randomly and threaten all sorts of weird stuff! He promised that IF I ever get remarried he will be there to object just because if I couldn't be happy with him, he won't let me be happy with anyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I dated someone I worked with (BAD IDEA!!!) and when we broke up it turned into "my friends" and "his friends" battling each other. He ended up getting fired when the story started to go around that I was a lesbian (I am not) and that's why we broke up. Then it finally came out that he had cheated on me with another girl at work and I'd dumped him because of it. I was just too classy to say that, but fortunately one of my defenders wasn't :) After that went around, people who had been on his side actually apologised to me. The funny thing is, I've never heard from him again, but his girlfriend stalks me at every turn. I don't know or care what he told her, but she is really creepy....
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I figured out of all these people on CM that someone out there had probably experienced "something' in the way of revenge. What a nightmare for you & BF. I'm sure you were so glad to not have to worry about her any longer. She went to some pretty great lengths to get at you. I would never have thought of "buying your wedding invitations". I cannot imagine what she told the clerk to try and buy them.
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• After I moved a thousand miles to get away from him after he put me in the hospital, I thought I was safe. Six months later, I found evidence that he'd found me and was planning to do something, so I got prepared. In the middle of the night, when he attempted to break into the house, I sicced my protection dog Riker on him, then shot him in the ass with two barrels full of rock salt, then I called 911. After the EMTs took him away, the police showed me what he had in his backpack and the trunk of his car: Duct tape, zip ties, a claw hammer, razor blades, a large hunting knife, black plastic garbage bags and a shovel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Oh yes! And the break up wasnt even my fault.. my ex and I had been dating off and on since I was 16 and this point I was 21 and we were engaged. Our off times were because he would get back on drugs and we would seperate. He went to rehab, cleaned up his life and was doing much better.. finally we were together engaged, things looking good... then he met a girl at work he started cheating on me with ... I confronted both of them over it, not even mean just said ok so this is going on.. still did not break up with him.. well he broke it off with me.. the other girl caulked shut my doors to my new car and he started spreading all kinds of rumors about me.. all kinds! Told people I was lesbian and thats why we broke up and that I was on drugs and much much worse things. We worked in the same place, had a lot of same friends and everyone just believed everything he said about me. No worries, it was hard at the time.. but
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• When me and dh started dating he had recently broke up with a girl, and she and her crazy family chased us all the way to his house on a couple occassions. The screwed up part was they both agreed to break up and she had a new boyfriend and her family never liked dh anyways, so you would think they would be glad and let it be, but instead they chased us and harrassed for a bit. It was completely insane and childish. It probably did not help that I had a "so called" friend that actually baited her a bit on things and made it more complicated. But in the end she married the other guy and I married dh. Have not heard from her in years which is fine with me! Crazy!!!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 9:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I tried to handle with as much grace as possible. The friends there I had known about 5 years, he had known about 6 months, he moved to my state for us to be engaged.. so I figured.. they trust him.. so be it.. not my problem.. and moved on with life.. (he married the girl, then divorced her came back looking for me again and I said.. so long sucker!) hee hee.. alls well that ends well
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 2boysnap - CRAZY THAT THE OTHER GUY MARRIED HER..IF I SAW THAT GOING ON I WOULD SAY PSYCHO AND RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2011