Update: They were not approved

Again not posting public since I know some family comes here. The other day though I posted how my cousin who cannot have kids was trying to get an infant to 3 yr old from foster care to foster to adopt. She is a great person and I really think she would make a good mom. Her husband though? No. He walks around with a 45 and sets it on the table. He has done this more than once with my kids there. He shot himself even. I was unsure what to do and asked her but it was Friday and I left a message.
Saturday we had a bday party and he was telling me how he would raise his child how the Bible says, smack it when its bad, never spare the rod etc etc. I told him I never spank mine and he starts in on me on how well thats why one of mine is bad. I explained no he has a mental illness that is why. Mind you they wanted a baby with disabilities.

Yesterday they called (social services) and I told them everything (some I did not put here because omg it is too much what he suggested). They were denied a child. Hopefully everything is kept in confidence. They told me it would be. But they are giving them a copy of the file. I hope my report is not there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• You did the right thing. He is an a** for saying that about a child, not to mention all the other things he says and does, and I would have done the same thing you did. You very likely saved a child's life.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• it might be in the file, but it won't say WHO said it. It might not be in the file though...BUT....I'm sure they have to give them a reason why they were denied.

Good luck momma...you did right. Just deny anything if they accuse you...if they found out it was you, it could cause a serious break in family ties.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Why is your friend with this jerk!? What kind of a**hole says that about a child!? Much less a special needs child! I'm irrate for you on this one. You did the right thing.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• When you make a call like this it is confident .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You did the right thing. So many kids die at the hands of the husband or boyfriend. The mom, no matter how good of a mom she can be, can't be with them all the time. I'm sorry you are torn, I will pray for peace for you.
    Kelathina

Answer by Kelathina at 8:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think you did the right thing, and I'm really glad you did it. I could not see any child in that situation, let alone one with special needs! Good job, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Well I told my husband because what I said was really specific. He said my son needed to be a$$ raped to straighten up that they would know it was me. But there were 20 other people there who heard him say it too. I told him I would just act dumb and say it could have been anyone. It was so bad I am telling you my best friends husband was going to come to our house and apologize in person. I told her not to be silly. I knew it was not their fault.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thanks. It wasn't just me who called. There are 3 of us who hang out and she is one of us and we just KNOW the situation I guess and knew this was a BAD idea. I felt terrible doing it, but knew I would have felt worse if something happened to a child in their care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thanks well this child is considered an adult now but you know at 18 with a disability they are not really. He was just a jerk and really any question about me not reporting him went out the window when he said that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Holy crap! You did the right thing. What a tool!
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011