How many books do you read?

in a month? What type do you enjoy? How about your children?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• LOL in the summer? None. I am lucky if I can go to the bathroom alone. When they are in school I try and read a book a week. I like different books but mostly fiction.

Answer by gemgem at 7:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I average about 3 a week sometimes more especially if I am re-reading a book from my collection. I am in a book exchange club where we send 5-10 books to other people a month and also get 5-10 books to help keep our costs down. I will read just about anything but LOVE Iris Johansen. We have a fully stocked library in our house and bothof our children (6 months and 2 1/2) have fully stocked bookcases in their rooms. Our 6 month old looks at the waterproof books that only have like 6 pages and our 2 year old loves reading anything.
    Cristl_2000

Answer by Cristl_2000 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 5 or 6
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• lately....not many at all. I have not read one book in a whole month...wait...in the begining of June I read a book called Where there is Light on an airplane. That was my last...lol...I'm just too busy these days!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I read one book a month. I am in a Book Club and we're in our 14th year. I cannot read other books at the same time because I get confused and forget what the Book of the Month is about. We meet once a month to discuss and rate the books we read. As far as my children, they are grown so I don't know if, what, and how often they read. When they were younger, my boys especially were avid readers.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• five or six I read classics horro and some material for my own writing.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• a month.. yikes.. uhh... 15-20 depending on how long I've wanted to get my hands on this new book or if i am rereading and old one. I will read whatever sounds good at the moment, could be murder mystery (sue grafton), humor (janet evanovich.. love her), paranormal romance (laurell K hamilton), or whatever sounds good from the store.

The kids have several books they "read" but at 5 and 2 I am trying my hardest to let them learn with their peers in school and not show up as the smarty pants just to be bored all day at school.. IT'S NOT EASY!!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• In a month ?... In a year ?... I DON'T COUNT THEM !... It's supposed to be fun !!! :D
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 8:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• In the summer and the worst of winter, 10-15. In the spring and fall, 1 or 2.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• depends. My books can be really long, 600pgs+, and I've got 3 kids so I dont really have much time to read and I like to make them last so I'd say 1-2 a month.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2011