For Moms Who Missed the Memo: These are now BANNED!!!!!!

Have you seen this?

Drop-Side Crib Ban Takes Effect!

Starting Tuesday, June 28, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) ban on drop-side cribs will take effect. The cribs, which allow parents to lower one side of the crib for easier access, are responsible for 150 suffocation and strangulation deaths between 2007 to 2010.

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 8:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• which is soooooo stupid! install the side bar correctly and we wouldn't have the damn recall!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I dont think its stupid!! I'm all for it being Ban!! and who said the parents didnt install them correctly, I know I did on mine and it still broke!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We've been using these type of cribs for years. I'm 45 and had one as a baby. It's funny how a few children get injured with something and the crowd goes wild, yet 1 in 100 children are getting autism and the facts are being ignored. Both the government has something to say about and people fall for it like little sheep.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• odd. all 3 of my babies slept in a drop-side crib and no fatal accidents or injuries occured. i am for a ban though if it saves babies from idiotic parents who can't follow directions properly.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thats dumb. I have 3 as we speak and dont plan to get rid of them. I am saving them for my older kids when they have babies.

Answer by gemgem at 8:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• And how many babies die because cps does nothing when a report is made? I think I am more concerned about that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Last I checked those were babies lives being taken away from us! Should we really be saying, "well if the parents weren't stupid!"?? Who says your the smartest and most fit parent in the world! If your child dies at age 23 due to driving while drunk would you appreciate someone saying "well if the parents werent stupid and taught their kid right!"? I dont think so!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sabrena- instead of parents pushing the blame on the manufacturer, how about putting some on themselves since they're the ones who put it together!? there's no such thing as a faulty crib. there is such a thing as putting it together improperly. obviously the drunk driver is apples and oranges to this scenario.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• What! First lead paint, then lawn darts and now this! What is this world coming to?! I've been told that I shouldn't drive an SUV cause it's bad for the environment, but when car seats are the size of a prius what choice do I have?! I can't send my kids outside without padding them up like mini line backers and god forbid I let them drink out of a garden hose! What is this world coming to? When I was a kid my parents shoved us outside right after breakfast, locked the door and we weren't allowed back in the house till the street lights came on! We played in others yards and houses but nobody sued anybody if we fell. We need to add an amendment to the constitution before all our freedoms are systematically anialated.... The right to be a dumbass! The right to knowingly endanger yourself, because it's allready inalienable!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Really a vote down for being more concerned about babies dying cps left with irresponsible parents?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2011