Do you stick with one Bank for all your financial needs?

We are planning to buy a house but I don't think we will be using our current bank for such endearment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• No. I have checking at Bank of America (just for the ATMs) and a savings acct at a local credit union (better rates).

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I want to say yes but no.. When I bought a car we went to get a loan through a different bank because ours wouldn't approve us for the amount we needed. We were financed through the dealership for the car but have used the second bank for our home.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We have three different banks. One for checking/svngs/car loan, a different for mortgage (you know those change throughout the life of the mortgage) and a different for credit card and another car loan.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• We have 2 different banks. One is our main account which my DH has his paycheck go directly to and one was mine that I had before we got married. Just so happens that is the same bank that our mortgage is through, but our VA disability goes to that one. We like having the 2 different accounts to move money around if we need to, plus the secondary account we have my student loans, newspaper subscription, and movie rental come directly out of it so I know whatever is left is play month for the month! :)
    Cristl_2000

Answer by Cristl_2000 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No - we have 3 different banks. Our mortgage and savings account is at the credit union, we have an account at a regular bank for our checking accounts/everyday expenses, and then we have an investment account at a brokerage.

Answer by missanc at 9:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No. My car loan is through a different bank. The interest rate was better.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011