My 52 Year Old Friend Tried Lost SO Much Weight!

I make jewelry from home and sometimes make house calls to friends. I went to my 52 year old friends house last night so she could purchase some jewelry for a dress she just bought for a wedding and she lost so much weight!!!! I was so jealous because I still have some preggo weight to lose! I bring up her age because I always hear people say it is harder to lose weight as you get older. She did the Suzanna Somers diet! I looked it up and it said custom weight loss plan for people over 40 and overweight.

Have you all heard of this diet? Has anyone tried it? Do you know what its about?

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 8:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Awesome! this age thingy is just a myth and an excuse not to.

Answer by older at 8:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Your metabolism does tend to slow down with age. But really exercise, eating regularly, eating smaller portions, and healthy foods- all those things can help pick it back up. I agree with older it's pretty much an excuse not to lose weight.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• havent heard of this one , will check it out
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thanks for posting your perspective about age and metabolism! I am noticing mine is slowing down, and was afraid it was because of age, but I suppose lack of sleep and still healing from a cesearen would probably be the most logical reason.
    Gingerwheel

Comment by Gingerwheel (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• never heard of it but would atest to the age making somewhat of a difference, things to change as we age. Although not an excuse.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011