How soon can you test for pregnancy?

I'm not asking if I'm pregnant. Just how soon I can test for pregnancy. Oh and what tests are the best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• First Response and with my two girls i 2 and 3 days before i missed my period and got baby is on the was results...
    I have tried others but i had to wait until i had missed until i got a good positive.. FR is my #1 choice
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 8:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My personal opinon is that testing before you miss your period is a huge waste of money. I don't care if a test says five days sooner, you cannot rush nature. That said a week for an egg to travel the tubes to the uterus. Another week for implantation to occur. Another week to allow the placenta to push out enough HCG into your blood stream to register a positive on a test. This is all rough estimates of course, but by the next week after that you would be due for your monthly anyway. Minimum of two weeks and ideally once your period goes MIA. Everybody is different. All tests are pretty much the same so if you've waited until your cycle skips, any of them should give an accurate response. Dollar store test are as good as the more expensive brands. no matter which one you use check the expiration date on the package. Expired tests will yield false results.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• they have a test 5 days before your missed period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• When you've missed your period. I've always preferred First Response.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2011