Just Curious. Question about CIO vs. OTHER

I am not really sure what all the other options are that you use or consider NOT CIO. I let my children CIO and I am not asking for advice, facts on either side or what not. I am their mother made the decision just want to know if you let them CIO how long did it take you to have them sleep in their own bed. For those who didn't what did you do and are they in their own bed and how old are they. I am just trying to get a feel for everyone on the site. Every parent has their own way of doing things and I am not saying one is right over the other. Just curious. Thanks in Advance.

MommyofTwins616

Asked by MommyofTwins616 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• what is cio?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i don't know what a cio is??
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I'm a co-sleeper. I let my kids sleep in my bed until 1.5 or 2 and in my room until they are about 3(give or take, my one year old is moving in with his brother now because he's a light sleeper and I'm due in 2 months). I've never used CIO and I've never had a tear when they were moving to their own beds. I didn't have to do anything with my older 4. Just told them it was time for them to sleep in their beds. They all slept through the night at 2 months or so. With my youngest he was different. He didn't sleep through until he was 21 months old and I had to use the book The NO Cry Sleep Solution to help teach him but it was simple and only took a week or so.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• CIO= cry it out
    Pauline3283

• I think I ended up doing a mixture of methods. From a young age we laid dd down to sleep when she was sleepy. She never was a big fan of rocking. Never had too many problems with her not going right to sleep. If she cried, it was only for a few minutes unless she was overly tired, then I let her cry for 15 minutes and would check on her. Once we took the paci away around 16 months she cried for about 5 minutes for a week or so then got over it. Recently I've had to let her cio again b/c she is doing her best to stay up as long as possible. She doesn't cry for more than 10 minutes usually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• oh well i tried the cio method the other night.... and i BALLED listening to him cry then i finally gave in and picked him up and he went to sleep within 2 minutes. he's slept al night since he was four weeks... he just likes to be held to go to sleep :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I'm a co-sleeper. My son is 20 months old. From day one, I realized he wasn't one of those babies that fall asleep easy. You know how you see pictures of babies that just fall asleep in their high-chair or any other strange spot? Nope, not my son! I had a bassinet next to my bed and he used it a handful of times. Sleep was better accomplished when he was next to me. There were days when I rocked him to sleep, simply laid next to him or nursed him to sleep. There were times when I could place him on the bed and he'd play around for a bit before drifting off into sleep.  At about 16 months, I could put him to sleep and leave the room without him waking up until it was the next morning.

ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2008