my baby is 4mnths and he still has touble holding up his head

and he dosent really play with toys.im worried.he also is starting on the 1st baby foods and h like dosent eat it all the time.it seems like he dosent like the taste.

SkylarsMummiex3

Asked by SkylarsMummiex3 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry some babies just don't do things as fast as others my son is 4 months old and he isn't holding his head up on his own yet either. Now I don't buy baby food I make my own and my son LOVES it! What have you tried feeding him what foods??
    krzymommyroo

Answer by krzymommyroo at 9:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• i use the gerber 1st foods. like the bananas,pears(he kinda like that)peas,applesause,gicken in chicken gravy.carrots.how do you make yor own baby food i woud LOVE to learn how.
    SkylarsMummiex3

Answer by SkylarsMummiex3 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

•  i also have a 4 month old, he holds his head up just fine but will not do tummy time, i have never seen a baby that does not do tummy time. i wanted to know how much does your little ones eat a day bottles and food.mine will only drink 4 oz, every 2-3 hours  and we just started baby food. i give half of the jar in the a.m. and rest in the p.m. he is so different than my other 2 were, and its been so long since they were small. thanks for any help you give
    onesleepymama

Answer by onesleepymama at 10:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Dont worry to much on his milestones being on time each child is different, my first one did not eat jar food until she was about 6 months, but my 3 boys- I had to start giving them cereal at about 2-6 weeks old-appetite came with having large baby boys.If you want to make your own baby food at home all you need to do is invest in a minichopper about 12-14 bucks and puree the food, in the long run it saves alot of money.
    Queenof8Bratz

Answer by Queenof8Bratz at 1:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• It's actually pretty easy to make baby food. I thought it would be a big job. Just puree the food then por it into an ice cube tray. And freeze it. Then whenever you are going to feed him, you don't have to stop and make it when he's cranky because he wants to eat. Just heat 1-2 cubes and serve. It's actually better to make baby food because he can eat pretty much whatever you eat.
    Steph_lokes

Answer by Steph_lokes at 2:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I agree with the others answers.....all babies are different and you shouldn't be concerned about your son's development at this point. As for baby food, that shouldn't be too much of a concern either. Babies do not have a nutritional need for anything other than breastmilk (or formula) until 6 months of age. (Ask Dr. Sears!) To make your own, invest in small food processor. For things like bananas or avocados, once they're ripe you can just mash them up with a spoon!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 8:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• well he eats lik 6 oz almost 6 times a day then before i give him the bottle i give him the jar food.but only like 2wice a day.
    SkylarsMummiex3

Answer by SkylarsMummiex3 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2008