Anyone sit on an exercise ball at work?

I hear that it's so good for core strengthening, helps correct posture and keeps you from getting backaches associated with sitting at a computer all day. I have a bad back, getting worse, and I'm considering it.

Did it work for you? Did you feel too stupid/weird sitting on it (that's what I'm most worried about, haha)? What did your employer think of it? Thanks!

cypressandsage

Asked by cypressandsage at 9:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Me and my friend both do it at work, but i work from home and she works in an office with only one other woman. I find myself bouncing up and down a lot, my friend kinda does this funny roll thingy, but we think its fun!

It wouldn't surprise me if other women at your work start doing it after they see you do it.

Great results so far! :)
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 9:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My MIL does it, she works in billing and sits behind her desk all day answering her phone. She laughs about it and thinks it's funny! I would be worried about falling over and making an ars out of myself at first!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My office mate and I do sometimes. It's not good to just suddenly start doing it for 8 hours a day, but if you ease into it, it can really help strengthen your core and help your back. Pilates is also good for core strengthening and counteracting back trouble :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes, I would say if your still able to work their should be no issue. give it a shot. I'm almost considering it!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I love it!

I started when I was pregnant, and let me tell you, it took some convincing of my chain of command (I was in the military at the time). But they got over it, and a few of them started using it as well, since we were in an office for up to 12 hours a day. Sometimes I had to explain myself to people that could see what I was sitting on, but not too often.

When I got out and went back to school, I stuck one at my desk at home. When I'm "stuck" writing a paper or something, I would crank the music and bounce on the darn thing to get the blood flowing to the brain again. Its actually a fun little mini-workout.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• no but I do at home
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011