What Kind Of Foods Do You Feed Your Baby?

According to Babycenter, these are the ten best foods for baby:

Squash
Lentils
Dark green leafy vegetables
Broccoli
Blueberries
Avocados
Meat
Prunes
Garbanzo beans
Mandarin oranges

I just started feeding my daughter food at 6 months and have only made it to squash on this list.

Does/did your baby eat foods like this? I wouldn't have thought to feed her some of these.

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 9:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We've never done garbanzo beans, but my kids have always loved all types of beans. We've done all the others though plus more with my 11 month old. My 2 yo loves broccoli which amazes and pleases me, since I really don't! But I've always given them things that I like and am eating, plus some stuff that I don't care for just to allow them the chance to taste different foods.
    I did jarred food with my first, but for my 2nd-5th we just mashed whatever we were having with the back of the fork and gave it to them.

Answer by missanc at 9:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My daughter would eat all of that, but we don't give her certain things. Beans give her gas and so does broccoli, so she's limited on how much we give her. She wouldn't eat baby food so she went straight to table foods.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was wondering about that. Some of those foods look like they would cause more gas.
    Gingerwheel

Comment by Gingerwheel (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Wow, I hope they mean those foods r okay as long as they're smashed, a six month old could choke on some of those things!
    My son is almost 10 months and eatsa lot of different things (he has teeth) but we avoid hard, or round things, or things with tough skins! his favorite thing to eat though is nectarines!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 4:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The only thing my 1yo hasn't had is the Lentils but everything she enjoys esp leafy greens and mandarin oranges
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011