Bio dad issues

bio dad is asking for an extra hr next visitation but yet he refuses to pick up son on tuesdays from school, should I not give him the extra hr because he is refusing to compromise with me? I am just getting sick of him always getting his own way and him never doing anything when I ask for a change. He also is mad I didn't invite him to our sons birthday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well what I say is that you should let him. I mean maybe on tuesdays, he is just not able to. I don't see why you should stop him for that little extra hour on the next visitation. It's up to you though.
    pregers2011

Answer by pregers2011 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The day I asked him to pick his son up from school his his visitation day. Which is tuesday 9-5 and he refuses to pick him up, thats why I refuse to give him the extra hr.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My ex and I use to never compromise with each and it was so negative for me, him, and our dd. I started compromising a year before he EVER did but eventually he started to follow suit and we now have a very amicable relationship and it is so much healthier. Best decision I ever made for our daughter was to be the bigger person and quit "sweating the small stuff" even at times I felt he was using me or not being fair.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• if it were my ex I would ask him to talk to the courts because I am so sick of his crap. but that is just me
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It shouldn't be just up to him.. I used to do that to......anytime it was convenient for him I just went along with it..
    I'd tell him you make the decisions..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Someone has to set the right example here. It should be about your child and not the tit for tats of the adults. It is so hard on the kids to be in the middle of vengeful games. What difference does and hour make? Your child needs you to get along. I agree with Wendy It is for the best of everyone to try to be compassionate. It sounds like you two are still harboring some negativity. Let it go and do what you can to be understanding. Life is too short to argue and fight about the little things. Be glad your child has a father figure in his life... he needs him. You could have invited his dad for the birthday party. What would it have hurt? It is hard to not be in your childs life. It is painful for everyone, just do what you can to make it better. Good luck.. just because he couldn't or didn't pick him up from school shouldn't make you want to return conflict between the two of you
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Actually the father figure is my husband bio dad comes to see my son every 5-6 months he asks for all time and never shows. I am not going to give him an extra hr. I have been giving him his own way since my son has been born, so I have tried to get along, but he is never willing to compromise unless its his way. I will not invite bio dad to the birthday. Him and his family don't get along with my family and it would just be a mess. He likes to verbally harrass my family. I think if he wants he should throw his son a birthday party with his family. I mean he does have two families, so he should have his own party, but he hates spending money on my son.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• don't you have legal rights? like he cant and you cant etc. if he doesn't pick the kid up after school he needs to know that he can't have him an extra hr. or how do you truly feel ???
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011