Anyone with Mirena

I think I did something stupid last night, I was trying to find the strings and couldn't and now this more I'm bleeding and cramping really bad. I had it since March and was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

Babyduche

Asked by Babyduche at 9:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• I havent had this happen, but you should call your gyn. it could be as minor as getting your period or as serious as preforating your uterus. have you looked it up online i'm sorry i'm not much help but you should always be safe then sorry. you know what i mean.

Veronica
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 9:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• yes i have it and sometimes that happens to me. I can never feel my strings :0( and some times even after sex i will bleed for a day or 2 it goes away the doc told me there was nothing i could do. but it does mess with my moods pretty bad too!
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• whoa what? what strings? i'm about to get a mirena....what the?
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 9:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I should of added I never bled while on this except after it being inserted... That's why I am concerned
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 9:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I cant find my strings either. I got really nervous the first time I checked to make sure it was still there. I had to have my husband play doctor on me, haha, but he has longer fingers than I do and he felt the strings.

For the one who asked about the strings, yes...there are two small strings attached to it. They dont hang out of you like tampon strings though. They are very short and stay inside. And once you have sex, the strings basically tie up around each other and dont even hang down anymore, at least thats how my doctor explained it. My husband has never once felt them during sex.
    ItsMeCaseyLynn

Answer by ItsMeCaseyLynn at 3:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have never been able to feel my strings. I had to have my husband feel around for them, I know TMI. I ended up bleeding too after I went on my search and rescue mission for my strings, too. It went away by the end of the day for me. Good Luck!
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008