whats your method of discipline?

for your kids?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We use time outs which work well but of course my daughter is only 3. At this point, I do not believe in spanking. I was spanked as a child and behavied out of fear not out of respect. I am not sure if I will change my views when my children are older, but at this point will continue with time outs until they do not work anymore. Besides, when you are dealing with young children I am not sure how we as parents can tell them not to hit and to use their words and the next minute spank them because they are misbehaving. Just my thoughts!
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 12:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• depends on what the problem is! lol but i like the sit in the corner thing.
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• well my two oldest are sixteen and fourteen so of course they get grounded which means no cells no computer no tv and no music. that either gives them the option of talking to me or reading. which neither of those two things are bad. with my youngest she is one. i just started using the time out method and believe it or not she hates it so i'm ahead of the game. i think
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• For the most part, I use spanking as discipline (but not always). This seems to work the best for my son. I was spanked as a child, and I turned out okay. I think spanking is an effective form of discipline (if done correctly).
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 9:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Usually my kids stand in the corner facing the wall for the same amount of time as their age. Then we talk about what they did wrong and why it is wrong. The both hate the corner to it is effective for us and I think it is important to talk about what they did even if they already know that it was wrong. Sometimes we just have to remind them of why.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 9:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I don't take things away from then unless its serious and definatly don't spank (i think it is un-reasonable) i usually go down to there level and speak to them or put them in the naughty corner but it depends what the problem is.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My children get lashes. It is discipline not spanking because it is done properly and in the biblical, Godly manner. Children that do not get proper discipline do not behave properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Time outs work great for us and our daughter is very well behaved. I think spankings are ridiculous unless your kid really did something to need it. I personally think aside from causing serious physical harm to something/someone else, spankings are unnecessary.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My left flip-flop to the head!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yup open handed slap to the back of my teens heads...we call it hitting their reset button!
    Just kidding...grounding or time out...we call them thinkaboutits...seem to work best for us.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2008