Yogurt for yeast rash?

Have you heard or tried putting yogurt on your baby's rash to get the yeast rash to go away? My friend's doc recommended. My doc just keeps giving me different perscriptions to try. Does this work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yogurt can help with yeast, propably a better bet would be feeding the yogurt to help boost healthy bacteria in their system. Make sure the yogurt has live cultures in it. My son had a really bad yeast infection when he was a toddler due to being on anti biotics. What worked great for us was clortrimazol, you can buy it over the counter in the foot care section. It's an anti fungal that is used in jock itch creams and athletes foot cream. We used the generic foot cream. Just make sure it has clortrimazol (sp?) in it. my son's cleared up right away.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 10:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have heard of this from various sources including a doctor. I just googled it and it appears that it is commonly done. I know when I am taking antibiotics that I am careful to eat yogurt with live cultures to ward off yeast infections. So it makes sense to me that applying it directly to the rash might work. Good luck. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• They jus ttalked about this on The Drs. not that long ago.
    Many people put it on there but the OB said that doesn't work, you have to eat it. And it will work,.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2008