Trying to find a needle in a hay stack to work at home..... ????

ok to keep this short i have done it all Mela, PPL, and direct selling and no thank you i hate it and worked my butt off for nothing... I spend thousands of my saving to see it go down the drain... I have done some freelance work but the pay is laughable.. So i know im asking a crazy questions but is there any legit and real data entry out there... or a *newer* home business. I need to stay at home because of the daycare costs and make an income...
I do not want to start a daycare lol... I know im asking for a miracle here lol...
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, there are legit work-at-home jobs but they're not easy to get. Just like a regular job you may need experience or education or a home office with lots of equipment. I've also looked for work-at-home jobs in the past but have yet to find one. One piece of advice is that you should never have to pay anything to get a job. Those are scams. Try looking up Virtual Assistant and/or Online Transcription Jobs.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 9:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yeah pretty much. I don't get in to anything I have to invest a lot of money in but it is a business. I am a photographer and have my own business and its not easy but you have to work hard for it and push. I am booking left and right. Anyway, I am also an Independent Chocolatier and its pretty dang easy actually. i think it depends on the company really and how many consultants there are and the product in demand
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I've been looking for the same needle, Sweetie. And, this will bring on a barrage of ppl who will post all kinds of the typical "offers". Honestly, the only legit home jobs are ones whose employers are cutting overhead expenses & letting current employees work from home offices. These are few & far between. And, you have to have been with such an employer for a while to build a history & trust. Medical billling, insurance coding & medical transcription are the same. Most ppl who do this from home, are ppl who have worked in a medical office for at least 2 years & the office is, again cutting overhead, allowing this position to work from home. Don't let others fool you about this. I just got home from meeting with a career councilor at our local college. And, job "headhunters" will tell you the same. There are things like Avon, Mary Kay, etc, etc. But, we all know those end up costing us more than we make.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Well I am not offering her anything. I don't want random people on my team lol. The honest truth is that they are far and few between and EVERYONE is wanting to work from home. I searched and I have a degree I could use but decided to go with my photography because I love it : )
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Con't from above - There are lots of virtual assitant companies online. Be very careful with those. Many of them require you to have a separate dedicated phone line in your home, costing you extra, although it can be claimed on your taxes. Some also require your credit score and history in order to apply. VOT is one of them. I have nothing to hide in my credit. But, I'm not handing it blindly over to some internet company. KWIM? I just say, be very careful & do research on the companies you consider before just jumping in with them. There are a lot of sharks who are looking for ppl like us, hoping we get desparate enough to take their bait.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yea i have done it all and seen it all so i mean i know the add posts will probably becoming lol... I thought about Medical Trans but i don't know... I'm not sure it would be the career for me or not...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• @juju - LOL. You are one of the few honest ones, hon! I think you & I both know what kind of crap usually gets plugged into these questions. Generally, all those who are pushing for referral money hit these questions like lions on raw meat. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I looked into selling insurance from home as well as transcription jobs but both require a degree and someone knowledge that the average person doesn't have. I think at this point you need to open your crafty side and try making something like necklaces or some sort of accessory. Someone suggested opening an ebay selling account and selling things you find at yard sales and what not so I guess it just depends how much time you have and how willing you are to drag your kids along while you search or pick up supplies and deliver to buyers or what not.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was trained in that OP when I was a medical assistant and it was frustrating but I am not sure how much of a demand there really is for it. I would at least do research you know? Lord knows I know how you feel.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree with zoejains...that is why I finally decided to go forth with photography and writing the chocolate thing is just for fun and me lol
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2011