Did it seem like things changed between you and your SO when you got preg?!

Before I got preg. It seemed like our relationship was PERFECT. We never fought. We always had a good time no matter what we were doing. We lived about an hour away so sometimes we'd meet up in a parking lot and talk for hours about life and what our dreams were. Well when I got preg he was the one comforting me. I was scared. He left his job to find one where he could work more and make more money I was lucky to have a man that would actually stay and he is working so hard to provide for us. Now though he seems so distant like we rarley have sex anymore. I mean we live together and it seems now I see him less than when he lived an hour away. We used to be very intimate we would always be hugging and kissing it just seems like that spark is gone. Or well maybe just hiding bc I still feel the same way I just wish it could be like it used to. I really miss him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Being pregnant can be very challenging on a relationship.
    Me and my hubby are currently 28 weeks pregnant, and at first he was suuper comforting, and amazing, and then.. poof! We started to argue more and more and one day I just broke down into tears in front of him and told him how much it was hurting me inside that we were acting so bad to eachother, and that I missed him. Ever since, he's turned back into that amazing Daddy-to-be that he once was, only 1786239x better!! He's so good to the baby (still in my tummy) and I. I've had some complications so I cant be on my feet for 2 long, so I feel bad because I can't work and on top of that I can't even do dishes and laundry and stuff like that.CONT'd
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 10:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• CONT'd...
    But he'll come home from a 24 hr. day of work (hes a firefighter) and then we'll do the household chores together, which is nice bonding time. And after they're done, he'll rub my feet, legs, back, and hands because he knows that even that little bit of work was hard on me.
    You really just need to sit him down and talk to him. And hunnie, you're pregnant and super emotional, don't feel bad if the tears start to pour!! He'll understand :) Just make sure you tell him it's not just him.. but you know you're to blame to. If you blame him, he will just get defensive.

Good luck :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 10:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• The tears have poured. I AM very emotional. We have started to argue alot too. I've talked to him but the thing he is doesn't see that it has changed. I wish he would the maybe he'd understand where I was coming from. I've even tried playing that song by Jeff Bates - Long, Slow kisses while we were in the car and made it look like it just randomly came on I started crying and he said what is and I said thats how I feel. He hugged me and said he loved me and he doens't like to see me cry then it was like it never happend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Both times I was pregnant I hated my husband it was just my hormones..
    mommyjof2

Answer by mommyjof2 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yes It changes..... some for the better some for the worse.... mine has been very challenging im 36 weeks and we are just getting to the point where we are even being civil to eachother!! I just think that men have no idea what we are going through and they dont understand and it kinda freaks them out!! I hope things get better when you deliver as well as my relationship too!! GOOD LUCK
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Oh man... Where do I start........... I was in the same situation... damn near romeo and juliet.... He is older, mature, responsible (or so I thought). We had a blast together, he treated me like a total princess, sex was great, hanging out with friends was great, and then I found out I was pregnant. He already has 5 kids, and didn't want anymore. This was a total surprise (bc & condom baby). After I told him, he said that he would be there for me whatever decision I made. (I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do.) I had always been told I was unable to conceive!! When I told him I was planning on keeping the baby, he wasn't thrilled, but he did tell me that he isn't a fan of abortion. I gave him two chances to opt out and have nothing to do with me or the baby and he said "NO! If you have it, I want to be part of its life."
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• CONT'D...... WELL, since then we got into a huge argument, and we don't speak. (Let me first say that the first three or so months I was preg were great too! He doted, and obliged on whatever I needed!!) After the argument, I don't even know if he lives in the same home anymore. He won't take phone calls, and I have no idea what is going to happen after our daughter is born! I am going to file for child support, but I don't even know if I'll get that! If he shows up great, if not I guess I'm screwed! The other issue is I guess if they can find him or not! I just wanted to share my story so you didn't feel so alone!!

I feel for you, and hope things get better for you!! GOOD LUCK!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2008