What is the problem with checking the Anonymous box?

Cafemom for whatever reason gave us the option of using Anonymous if we want to. Just check the little box next to Anonymous and you may remain Anonymous.

However, it seems alot of people seem to have real problem with this.  Maybe they need to take that up with Cafemom instead of calling people names like "cowards" and using terms like "hiding behind Anonymous" and so on. 

Here is your chance to voice your true opinion about it.

I say, Cafemom gave it to us to use and we should be able to use it without harassment from those who choose not to use it for their own personal reasons.  I think they cannot stand someone using Anonymous option because then they do not know who to go pick on.  That is the only reason I can see why it would bother those of you whom it bothers.  Why else would you care who is behind the Anon ?  Why? It's YOU with the problem, NOT the people using the option allowed them.

It is our option.  Stop the name calling and insinuations about using Anonymous.  I will take up with Cafemom myself.

This is not supposed to be a place to come and get bashed for everything we do in here from using Anonymous to Answering Questions.  Suck it up!  It's the rules we can use it.  

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I do not care, I asked the question myself, why people post anon when I was brand new to cafe mom and I got beat down for asking lol lesson learned, mind my own business, right? I was just asking for conversational purposes, but I really don't care I respond the same to anon posts as I do to those who posts with their username. A lot of the time I agree with the anons, b/c the truth is spoken, sometimes that truth hurts. On occasion the anon posts do make outright rude comments, but I find that rare that its being just to be an ass.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Most people who hide behind anon use it as a tool to be nasty or say rude things and it's abused so people will be judgmental about it.. why hide just to be rude, would you stick a paper bag on your head out in public to say the same things you type here?! Clearly not.

It is one thing if you ask a question anon or answer a controversial question or debate (like an abortion debate) and don't want the crazys to follow you or harass you but to just be plain mean is silly.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• A LOT of the women on here use it and are rude with their comments!.. That's the only time I have a problem with it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Or maybe its just a few women..idk..they're answering anon.
    SuperrMommyy

• the problem i have with it is people using it as a weapon to say belligerent/offensive statements.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have used the anonymous button to post a question, but only because it was a very personal matter and I chose to stay anonymous. But like others say, some post behind the anonymous button to bash others
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• For anyone who has been on here, it is true that too many anons' misuse it. They are vedictive, judgemental and do hide behind it..... It is not the anons signature which is the problem and brings on discord, it is the character of some people who use it as a shield and have no class or concern for their answers or opinions....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Like I said.. the only time I don't like it is when people use it to be rude. I've used it for super embarrassing things. & I see no problem with using it all the time if the purpose is not be rude.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree with you. With the exception of the one who are just using it to be an ass. They hate anonymous in the debate sections. I love seeing anon in debates for that reason.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• **to make.. not to say.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2011