I love him, but I'm scared to tell him,.....I'm confused!

We've been together for over 2 months, in a relationship, but have been talking for quite over 6 months, this is not your ordinary relationship, we've grown to know each other quite well, and my kids absolutely love him and vice-versa. He makes me happy, smile, my whole world is better since he's been in my life. He's taught me to be a better mom, and I know that I don't want anyone else but him,.....I know that I care about him A LOT, and lately I've been asking myself if I really do love him (because i know i have love for him) and I do, but everytime I bring myself to tell him, I freeze up and can't say it. He's said it to me before, two times, but I didn't say it back because I didn't think he was serious. How can I just tell him that I love him, or is this really love or something else? I'm confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• You don't need to rush love. If it's love it'll be forever and you'll have plenty of time to say those words. It's more important to show your love not just saying those words. The things you do on a daily basis will show that you love him.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 10:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Maybe u are afraid that once u say it, u won't feel it anymore or Maybe u are afraid of being hurt or judged. I think that's once you are ready and truly mean it and feel it, it will just come out. It just sucks because I think it's hard to really know if u do and most ppl confuse love with many other things.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Too soon for everything. Saying it,having your kids meet him...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The first time i said it, we were in a laughing moment. I just looked at him & said "I love you so much" while still giggling. The laughter broke the ice & it made him laugh & say it back too. We were out somewhere, but when we got back home you can betcha we had a rockin' rest of the evening...

It was ready though, sometimes it's just rolls out naturally & that's the best time to say it. Don't force it, because it might not seem sincere to him. if you're looking at him & admiring him & thinking "I love him" then tell him right then & there...if he's already said it to you, then he's not going to react weird to it. He'll probly say it right back. Awww....this beginning stage can be so much fun! We're now happily married..
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• don't rush it. when it's time then it'll just happen and you'll tell him!
    abannist

Answer by abannist at 10:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You will know. You just will.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You can show him love in so many ways.... telling him is one way, and perhaps talking about your feelings is not easy for you.
    Why don't you invite him home, dress-up and prepare a romantic candle-light dinner for two, or a candle-light party in the bath tub, with wine and a special decoration .....

Enjoy this beautiful relationship !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm guessing when he said it, you got embarrassed about whether he meant to say it or not and you weren't confident enough to say it back. It's okay, just let it out. He loves you and your children and you say you have become a better person being around him :)

I disagree with the previous person about taking baths and stuff together to show love. I am old-fashioned though. I feel if you can't even say I love you, you prob shouldn't be enjoying naked romps with someone in the tub or otherwise. However, I know that is going to get some vote-downs since some believe sex between people that don't love eachother is okay.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Well the good thing is, we haven't had sex, we're waiting for marriage :) I love your answer vintage, I was embarrassed about whether he meant to say it or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No problem. I think we all go through wondering if people mean the things they say and we don't want to embarrass ourselves. I hope you and he continue to have a great relationship and you're able to say it when the time is right :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011