Morning after pill question

Has anyone ever taken the morning after pill a still got pregnant?? My hubby and I had xxx may 19th he didnt pull out I took the pill the next day and todays june 30th still havent gotten my period...any advise same problems??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have never taken the morning after pill. I work with OB/GYN's and they say it is not 100%. Sorry but yes you can still get pregnant.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 10:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• is it just one pill to take? did you take a pregnancy test?
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes I took like 5 equate test n they came up very fait positive..one looked neg so idk..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• If you had just ovulated and got pregnant technically that night then the morning after pill wouldn't have worked the next day. If you have even a faint positive it is still a positive. Test again in a couple of days and make a doctors appointment.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The MAP is 80% effective. It works by preventing ovulation, and if it's too late for that, then by thinning the lining of your uterus so that a fertilized egg can't implant.

It's common to miss a period after taking it, because it prevents ovulation. If you don't ovulate your body sometimes doesn't get the signal to bleed. Your cycle may be messed up for a while.

A faint positive, read in the result window (the time frame it says to read it in), is still a positive. False negatives are more common than false positives. Test again in a few days.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Ok I know not to read it after 10 min it came up right away
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• With a faint positive, you are pregnant. It did not work.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• So im not pregnant??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You ARE pregnant
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• O ive had all the symptoms n 5weeks late and the last test I took was neg so it threw me off
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011